JCM2000 DSL401 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL401

I use this with an SSS Fender Strat and it sounds amazing! I also use my RP80 and Boss Metal Zone pedals with the amp and they just make it sound even better. It's a damn good amp for blues (sounds great on overdrive 1), classic rock, has good cleans and with a bit of a boost, has enough distortion for even death metal. You can play normal metal through it quite well using the overdrive 2 channel. Just a very nice sounding amp all around.

Just a very good amp overall.

As I said, I only got the amp today so I can't really comment on its reliability. However, the guy I bought it from said that in a year he has never had any problems with it.

I got this amp today second hand, and it is incredible! 40 watts of pure Marshall tube. It has 3 channels, 1 clean and 2 overdrive. It also has a reverb control and full EQ for the clean and overdrive effects. The amp has inputs for cabs and other speakers so you can use it at gigs. I havn't cranked it up yet but as soon as my dad is out of the house. Granted, it doesn't have as many special effects as other amps (infact it only has reverb) but I don't need them as I already have an RP80 and its superb sound more than makes up for it.