JCM2000 TSL100 Head review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL100 Head

Purchased from: Guitar Center #821: Springfield, Nj

I use many guitars with this amp. I use Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, And A ES-333. I play in a post-punk/alternative band and this definately fits my styles, however, in my spare time I play blues and this amp works great for that tone. When you have the gain on the crunch channel around 2-3, you get a great blues-y overdrive tone, where it's just breaking up abit into distortion. When I play "Muse" cover, I can get the tones of Muse almost exactly. When you turn the clean up past 8 or so, it start to break up slightly, but then again, it's loud enough you don't need to push the amp that hard.

This amp is great, I don't regret buying it. I own a slew of other amps, but this ones the best. I love the tight focused gain of the lead channel and the ease of use. As of yet, I've had no problems with this amp. It's great, I only wish this thing were made in a rack size, so I'd be easier to gig with. When I have people in my studio, they all want to use this amp. The other guitarist in my band loved this amp soo much, he went out and bought a cheaper version (DSL50 Head, I think).

This amp is great, I've never had any problems with it that werent my fault. A while ago, I didn't match the impedance correctly, and I blew a fuse, and ran to an electronics store, and bought a new fuse. Now, I always keep a backup fuse taped to the inside or the amp head. I gig without a backup, however, usually I gig with a road crew, who could run back to my place(I tend not to gig to far away from home) and get me another amp if I need to.

My amp is a 2006 Marshall JCM2000 TSL100. It has 3 channels clean, crunch, and lead. This thing rocks for anything from blues to country to punkrock. It has 2 effects loop, one for clean and one for OD channels, however when only one loop is being used, it works for all the channels. The 100w is more than enough power, I've never had it above 5 or so at a gig, and I play some moderately large gigs (300+). At home I turn on the V.P.R. switch which cuts the power in half basically, and it makes the amp operate at practical envirements for home practice. The 3 channels offer more than enough gain. It pack a tight focused gain on the lead channel, compared to Mesa/Boogie's looser gain which is all over the spectrum of frequencies.

Konstantine19
    I've got this head and I love it, stock tubes were crappy and one of ecc83 died but after I replaced them with some russian preamp tubes and some JJ power tubes this thing has just transformed into a man eatig monster the tone makes me get excited everytime I fire her up if you know what I mean
    metal jello
    americablanco
    metal jello wrote: OHHH I WANT ONE SOOOOO BAD!!!!! Marshall > Mesa/Boogie Mesa/Boogie > Fender Fender > Randall
    Regarding the Fender... Fender > Randall > Fender Frontman 25R
    iodbeej
    i have this head and a 1960a cab. i play metal/hardcore and this amp is perfect for it. the other guitarist in the band has a Mesa dual rectifier and mine blows his away. and for about 1200 less too! definitely buy this if you have the chance.
    metal jello
    Ok, should I get this or a Fender Metalhead? I've heard that the Metalhead has wicked distortion and the volume knob increses volume without making the amp muddier. Is the volume knob on this amp like that?
    pjack
    the problem is that the Fender Metalhead is a transistor amp and has no tubes in it....
    shredder_666
    hvymtl939 : This or a Mesa Triple Rect-what do you guys think? Well, it totally depends on what kind of music you play. Dont let the 150watts of tube fool you on the Mesas if you are going for power amps. Marshalls are so much louder, even a 100watt tube marshall is louder than a 150watt tube mesa...its the marshall magic. Go for this if you are into metal by the way, this is (next to the JVM) the best head in the world for metal. I got to play a show using this head once and i had it almost fully cranked. Whenever i did my solos, every ****ing note could be FELT on the ground. THis is a powerful head and it has an amazing pre-amp..go for this one...**** mesa!