JCM2000 TSL601 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL601

My guitar is a cheep Fender Stratocaster copy. Nevertheless it has a good humbuker, so I can get quite a rich sound. The clean chanel is made to be distorted a bit on high volumes, but that suits to me perfectly, also I can reduce the distortion by pushing gain back. A crunch chanel is made to play anything from pop-rock to hevier stuff. But it doesn't go with metal. And of course the lead. It is spectacular. You can made almost any sound that you want. Also this chanel can be used with some metal sounds as well. I hanven't tried many efects with the amp. The only stomp box I have is a Metal Zone MT-2 and it sounds realy good with this amp.

It is a realy good amp for me. It definitely sounds better than my old Crate. now I need a new guitar to mach my "sound factory". I don't give a 10 only because I know that there is always a better amp.

The amp has already been taken to several shows and it does the job very well. As the amp is new it still has a long way to go before I can say anything about reliability and durability. The one thing I can say is that it looks great. Also it is not a light weighted one, so you would need some kind of transportation to travel with it.

I mostly play hevier stuff. The amp does almost everything. That's my first serious amp so I haven't still played a lot through it. It has 3 pre-amp and 2 power-amp valves. If I'm not mistaken, it also has several non-valve parts in it, so it actually is't a full valve amp. Also it features a custom wolverine speeker (magnet is huge) and 60W of rms can rip you to small pieces. 3 chanels, spring reverb, seperated to clean and overdriven chanels. It also has a pararel FX loop, which I, unfortunately, haven't tried yet. The amp has a tone shift button, so I can change tone by scooping out mids a bit. Amp also features a footswitch. As I play in several bands, this thing appears to be very versatile and it certainly gives me enough power.

xvasmx
    it sounda great im just looking around at good marshall amps that arent to big or too small this sounds perfect,and so far i have a roland cube 15 and a AD15VT...but theyre amazing greta sound...how much did u pay for it?
    Intoxicator
    Em, I bought it in my country (Lithuania). For all the shipment and stuff, that was just above ~1200$. Now, i can say, that you guys should go straight for the 602 version, as 2 dynamics give a better low-edged sound and spreads the sound much better. And the price difference isn't big
    phyzyx
    Ever notice how many pedals out there promise to give you that "perfect Marshall tone"? BS, they don't. This does. Simple. Simple is good!