JCM2000 TSL602 Combo review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL602 Combo

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

I use a stock Les Paul and a custom built Tele style guitar with Fender American Telecaster Pickups. With the Paul, the clean channel is very smooth, even at high volumes, and with the Tele, the twangy-ness really shines through. The 'Crunch' channel gives off harmonically pleasing distortion (especially if you keep the gain low and the channel volume high), especially at high volumes. The 'Lead' channel is even more saturated, perfect for ripping off a face melting solo. I have really noticed how good it sounds with a wah pedal - much better than any solid state amp I have used. The best part is, since it is a 60 watt amp, you can basically dime it without shattering your ear drums. There is a slight hiss until the tubes warm up (usually about 10 minutes or so after leaving it on standby for the first five minutes of powering up).

I play mostly rock and pop in a couple of bands, and this amp can be set to suit almost every style. It records really well, and the live tone can't be beat. After 14 years of playing, I think I'm done buying amplifiers, well, maybe. If this amp were stolen or lost, I would certainly replace it with another TSL602. If you are looking for great overdriven tone at reasonable volumes, I highly reccomend you give this amp a try.

I have had no problems with this amp. I bought it used in mint condition. According to the seller, he decided to learn to play, tried, didn't like it/couldn't learn, and sold it. It's always a good idea to have spare fuses and tubes when gigging, but I would be very comfortable with just this amp in my setup. From what I understand, the footswitch is prone to breaking down, so, obviously, special attention will be paid to it.

2003 Marshall TSL602. Same features as the TSL60 head, but with a closed back cabinet containing two Celestion Wolverine speakers. There are two drawbacks to this one, it is really heavy (about 80 pounds), and two, it only has one handle on the top. This amplifier would really benefit from having a couple of handles on the sides of the cabinet for easier transportation. The three channels are footswitchable, as is the reverb and the FX loop.

^Slash^
    Thanks. I was lookin to get this amp. Finally found it. But wasnt sure if it was to be a good buy. MG50 aint just doin it anymore for me.
    trivium_rule_11
    angus, if marshalls are 'bullshit' then why the hell did you bother to visit this review? either you have got problems or you are just doin it to annoy people, if so it is working
    muzz666
    angus69 wrote: i hate marshalls!!!!!
    But you like AC/DC? This is quoted from Angus Young...
    Angus Young wrote: I've experimented with different makes of amp but came to the conclusion that the Marshall 100 Watt stack was the best rock amp.
    freakonaleash92
    please help i saw this amp but it wasn't cranked, i thought tubes are only good cranked...so any opinions?
    Korzack
    They are - Hate to be one to point fingers, but minor boo-boo there by our guest friend. Definately one for me to look out for (it's either this or a 60w fender hot rod)
    clint86
    I would love to hear more reviews on this amp. It really looks like a great Marshall amp if your playing venues that can't hand a halfer