JCM2000 TSL602 Combo review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL602 Combo

Purchased from: Bam Bam Music

I use a Ibanez axe with EMG Zakk Wylde set installed (81 bridge, 85 neck). The amp use to sound pretty nice with the stock Ibanez humbuckers, but after I had the active EMG's installed, the Marshall showed it's true colours. It wont really matter what you play with, it will still sound pretty darn good. Just playing basic riffs sounds superb, never mind brain melting solos. No matter what style of music you play it will do wonders for you. However I am still trying to find the right sound settings for the clean channel that suites my playing style. This amp will play anything from Blues, country, rock and all types of metal. Any genre and this amp will perfom. It has a crazy ammount of distortion, and enough grunt 2 impress any metal head. Bass is great, good reverb, the only negative I can think of with sound quality is when playing heavy gain and distortion, it sounds a mess you can't hear the minor notes over the major, but I think most amps are like that anyway.

Considering this is only my second amp ever, and my first was a crappy solid state Ibanez 14w practice amp, it's a big upgrade. It's hard to compare it to other amps with similiar abilities, because I've never played them. But the instant I plugged it in I was in love. The wolverine speakers raw and the valves glow with each chord. You'll be impressed with the abilities that this valve amp is capable of. The craftsmanship is magnificant, it's such an attractive amp and allot of detail is evident. It's quite large so it's bound to attract attention, and great to gig with. Enough volume to fill a large venue, or at least to cause permanent ear damage when playing in ure room. Enough volume also to piss your parents and neighbours off lol, and this thing rattles windows and shakes walls so there's no problem in the volume department. My only negative is because it's a valve amp it needs time to warm up, so you need to be patient and wait a few minutes on standby before you can rock out. If some prick decided to pilfer my pride and joy, first I'd cry for a week lol, then I'd have to hunt the person down and kill them by dropping the amp on their head (Hey! it weighs a tonne, and is solid enough not to break, the only thing that would break is their skull hahaha). Then go back to playing beautiful music through a beautiful Marshall valve amp. I'm pumped with the amp, and it goes splendid with the active EMG's. Great tone, suites my playing styles and it's a Marshall so it's bound to please. Pretty pricy, but your paying for the logo lets face it. Overall: great amp, Marshall delivers again.

This amp made Chuck Norris wet his pants, it's that dominating. You could definatly depend on it, it's very solid. Just don't go throwing it out of hotel windows because it probably wont survive that, but anything else and it's a tank. I haven't had it that long so I'm not sure about valve lifespans etc, but I'm sure if you treat it well and let it warm up they should last awhile. You could definatly gig with it, it has plenty of volume and crowd pleasing tone. If wanted to gig properly you could buy a cab for extra volume and rep.

So basically it's a valve amp, with 3 different channels clean, crunch and lead. With two really big, really powerfull speakers, a footcontroller and enough juice to power mexico. Don't let the 60w fool you, I didn't think it'd be enough, but I was proved wrong. It's more than enough, thanks to the valves and 'wolverines'. It has all your settings like gain, treble, middle, bass, volume. Unfortunatly there is'nt a headphone jack (for safety reasons jks) and the crunch and lead have to share dials, so same settings for both channels. It also has presence, FX mix, Clean reverb, overdrive reverb (crunch/lead) and a master volume. Not that many features, but enough. If you want more buy a pedal.

Tanky-Lanky
    yh angus u my friend are a dick
    Shredder Guitar : he only hates em cuz he cant afford em XD
    too true
    SEANOmd
    how much am i looking to spend on this? i have a crate practice amp, but i'm beginning to play with larger groups and i might need more power.