JCM2000 TSL602 Combo review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL602 Combo

Purchased from: Rín

I'm using a Esp/Ltd Viper-50 with stock ESP LH-150 pickups in both bridge and neck. The crunch channel is perfect for hard rock like Guns N' Roses and AC/DC and the clean channel is very smooth and really good for blues and jazz. The amp sounds a bit muffy so I keep the treble mostly all the way up. The clean channel has a gain knob which sort of acts as a volume knob but if you put it really high it gets really distorted. The amp doesn't have a lot of distortion so it isn't really good for really heavy stuff.

I play almost anything although I mostly play punk, rock, metal and occasionally blues. This amp is really good for jazz, blues and rock. I've been playing for 3 years now. Other gear I have is a Esp/Ltd F-10 beginner's guitar and a ESP-10 beginner's amp. If this amp would be stolen or lost I would probably try some other amps or buy another one of these. I love the cleans and the sweet, crunchy distortion but it really lacks distortion. I tried few amps (about 4) before I tried this one and this one was the only one I liked. I chose this one because of the tone and probably the only thing it's really lacking is distortion. So if you want a good, loud amp (although it's a bit pricey) then I recommend this one.

It isn't really long since I've bought this amp and I have only used it on one gig but I would probably depend on this amp Live. I bought this amp a month ago. It has fallen few times but it has never broken down. I say that this amp is probably really strong since I bought it used.

This amp is a tube amp with three channels (clean/crunch/lead). It has reverb both for the clean and distortion channels and a fx mix. It comes with a 3 channel footswitch with reverb and fx mix as well. This amp is really heavy and is a bit problem to transport between places. I use this amp for practices and gigs, but occasionally at home. The amp seems to have some power although i have only played one gig with it in a big room which reverbed alot so the guitar sort of got buried in the massive drum sound.

nickofzo
    this is a realy nice amp.. but i dont like the word "combo" ;P if you know what I mean