JCM2000 TSL60 Head review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 TSL60 Head

Purchased from: Second hand

I use an Epiphone Les Paul, with replaced pickups (Seymour Duncans). The sound is very GnR/Slash, but thats how I have it set up on purpose. The amp is as close to what I have dreamed of as I think I will ever need. It's clear sound, with nice warmth. Not noisy at all. The distortion is utterly amazing and will go on and on... it's got some of the higest gain you will find on a Marshall amp. However, I keep the gain low and still get the power tubes pumping out hot distortion. Keep it on 10!!!

Put simply, this amp is amazing. :P

I've beaten this thing around like crazy and it's held up so far! No probs with reliability either.

The amp is pure Marshall. It's made for rock... loud ass rock. To be honest, I bought it for that and haven't needed to try any other type of music. Three channels. Two EQ. One EQ split over the Crunch and Lead channels. Cleans are pretty flippin' nice, and don't start to break up til you hammer the volume BIG time! The crunch channel has lots of gain if you want, and can handle leads nicely, however, the Lead channel is a monster. For awesome fat ass high gain rock leads, and rhythms, the Lead channel is brilliant. It has the shared EQ but if you want seperate you go for the 100 Watt version. I use it in band rehearsals and gigs and it is loud enough with my cab to not need a PA mic. It's an all tube amp delivering some sweet tones.