JMP 2203 review by Marshall

Marshall: JMP 2203

Purchased from: eBay

Great overdrive tones straight in the amp no pedals. This amp sounds better with an overdrive or tube-screamer in front. Above average clean sounds in the Low channel. This is not a high gain amp and that's what is good about it. You can bring your assortment of pedals to this amp and go from there, it is a very versatile amp. Also, the 2203 can be a very quiet amp. No hideous noses in the background what'soever. Like I said if armed with your favorite pedals you can achieve any sound with this amp. From heavy metal to classic rock and Jazz even.

I love jazz fusion and I use it for those applications this amp can do that too. Right now I use this for my heavy metal duties. This JMP blows away any JCM. My opinion though. Any one with the opportunity to own this amp do it! If this amp were lost or stolen, sadly I would not be able to replace it completely. Cos there is not too many of these floating around anymore. This amp rocks hardcore!

I have not had this amplifier for too long yet. Maybe about half a year now. This amp can take a trashing. It has not broken down once. This proves to me its good enough. Though, I take good care of mine; as you should any amplifier.

My amplifier was built in the year 1979. Master Volume model, 100 watts & 6550s power tubes. Extremely loud! Two Channels vertical (High and Low), no effects loop. A major minus to some. Just get pedals with effects loops it will sound okay. Very simple and user friendly. Simple is sometimes the best. This amp will hold its own in club venues no problem and beyond. A loud amp...