JVM410C review by Marshall

Marshall: JVM410C

Price paid: $ 2013

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

I play through my LP standard and the sound is incredible, I reckon this amp could make virtually any guitar sound good though! I play mainly rock, metal and a bit of blues. Amp has no problems with any of these. The clean channel on it's lowest (green) gain setting is brilliant! Probably one of the best clean sounds Marshall has ever produced. The amps second channel is the crunch channel which is very similar to a plexi. OD1 Is where I'm most comfortable, classic Marshall hard rock tones! Think of Angus strumming out 'back in black' and this is where you want to be!! As you go the to other 2 gain (Orange & red) modes in the OD1 channel you start getting into some great metal tones: think Metallica, Pantera. Finally try OD2 and you're into some seriously high gain stuff here! Enough to please any nu-metal/death metal head. There are so many great sounds in this amp that it had to have a 10!

Perfect for the music I play, with the ability to adapt to most styles thanks to the 12 modes. Definitely would replace it as it's got huge sound and great tones and is compact enough to transport (although it does weigh 35kg). Favourite feature, the programmable pedal. For value for money, tones and features this will be a hard amp to top. A classic combination: a Marshall valve and a Gibson LP, what more needs to be said!

Only had it a couple of weeks, I'm one of the first people to own it as it has only been released in very limited supply until the end of next month I think! Stoked. Looks as durable as any other Marshall of similar size. Will hopefully prove to be dependable. Don't really like the little plastic mode/channel selection buttons on the front panel, they seem a little bit small and delicate to me. Suppose it doesn't matter anyway, the footswitch does everything for you! Can't really rate it yet I'm afraid. But I'll put a 10 as I can't submit this review without entering something!

The amp was made towards the end of 2006/early 2007. Marshall's new flagship amp and probably most versatile to date. Features 4 channels, each with 3 different modes which basically means you have 12 channels! Channel switching is a breeze with the programmable footswitch. 100w of all tube power (5xECC83, 4xEL34) means there's more power than I'd probably ever need. The reverb control for each channel is a great feature, as is the ability to store whatever settings you like in the 6 channel footswitch. I could go on and on about the features but that would take ages so check out the Marshall website if you're interested. Definitely a 10 for features!

alienboy18241
    What's up with everyone saying they hate marshall? Play something other than MG and say that.
    Airole
    Well said Jafman, I am gettin so sick of listening to whiny, snoby, guitarist bitching and moaning on sites that are inevitably there for constructive purposes and to help others. This is a great amp, and so what if someone thinks the MG is good, what difference does it make to you! On a constructive note, dont get me wrong, i love this site but anyone wanting some real feedback on this amp should check out jvm410.com!
    Burtonjp
    Ibzman wrote: guitarmakerpugh wrote: no, your MG50FX is not good, you lie. it is a solid state piece of crap. The amp on the review is a beast! i have played it, and it is the most versitile amp i have ever played on, and its a marshall, so it has that awesome marshall tone. The Marshall tone is about their Plexis, Silver Jubilee and JCM 800 2203, not some other modern crappy Marshall ball-less amp.
    The JVM circuit is identical to a JCM 2203...Kids these days jumpin on the bandwagon before they even test somethin out..
    jafman
    Firstly, I've written about this amp after only a couple of weeks because I'm sure a lot of people are keen to get an opinion from someone who actually owns it! It's one of the newest if not the newest amp on the market (so does this mean it shouldn't be reviewed just because it's new?! that's ridiculous!), so a lot of people will be interested. My opinions are what I believe at this point in time - so why not give it a 10 if I think it's warranted?! I tried many other amps by many other companies before deciding on this one - I don't think you'll find many other contenders for versatility and features at this price! Who knows? Maybe my opinion will change after I've owned it for a while - I doubt it, but you never know! So why shouldn't I post a review? If you don't think it's been out long enough for a review then simple - don't read it! The same to all you Marshall haters - you knew the review was about a Marshall, which you hate! So why waste your time reading it? I agree with flyingjello, you do have to step out of the boundaries. This is the first Marshall I've owned - although I've played many. I went into this purchase with an open mind of amp manufacturers - I thought the Orange Rockoverb 50 sounded great, but the Marshalls classic rock tone was the sound I wanted. Wasn't a matter of what was 'cool'. Try it first - then make an opinion. Everyone's got their own particular taste when it comes to tone.
    Fik0n
    These reviewes suck ass. Everyone gives averything 10/10 on everything. The scale starts at 9 here. 9.1 Is absolut ****ing crap and 10 is pretty average. UG, remove this crap.
    Jaysz
    what do you expect him to put though. I believe that he really didn't find any faults with it.
    Bongofdestiny
    To be fair it is worth the 10s but mabie not all the 10s because for instance you don't have too many effects and the clean channel can get distorted but its still my top amp out there
    KJKINFLAMES
    if you cant rate a section of the review properly then dont wright the review i dont want to hear biased opinions on products, i bet this amp is a 10 out of 10.... but its also a brand new piece of equipment.... start rating properly or dont rate at all
    ZGS
    you spelled write wrong! Learn to spell, or don't comment at all! Just kidding man, I'm sick of everyone rating everything at 10 'cause they haven't owned the gear long enough to find faults.
    Ibzman
    fire within
    i dont like marshalls but curiosity made me try this and its great now only if i had the need for that power and about a grand to spend on it(uk )
    loki_lulamen
    im getting one soon and i cant wait!! i tried the one in my local sound control and it was like a wet dream.
    Burtonjp
    Oh and by the way the last part was directed at the other people not the guy i quoted
    rickray
    well to start off my original guitar was a mex strat...with a fender deluxe 112.....then a boss gt8 multi effects, then a 07 iommi epiohne sg, then a marshall jvm410c.....the amp was the best buy, but the guitar with its gibson pickups definetly help, as the first educated post stated this amp does it all and does not dissapoint....i find my self not using the mutli effects nearly as much because the amp has such beautiful tone for all types of music....buy a good guitar and this amp you'll love it
    iheartemo69
    i can't wait to try the jvm410 head!!! i'm hoping it's as great as the hype it's been getting!
    Imperial
    Guitaralmond
    Imperial wrote: they need to make a review for the Mode Four. i wonder how that thing sounds, its 350 watts all tube
    The mode 4 has no tubes btw, its solid state. no valves. Anyways to add to the discussion ive been lent a JVM by the music shop while my TSL122 is being fixed and I much prefer the TSL, it sounds so much better for big ass rock solo's eg Paul Gilbert etc...
    guitarmakerpugh
    flying jello
    i personally never really liked marshalls for the price, but i especially dont like the dfx. it's the amp all the new metal heads at my academy get just to say "ive got marshalls, im cool, ive got my fender guitar, im cool." nothing against fender though (props to the nashville telecaster), but they treat it like a god. and it's annoying. you've gotta step out of the boundaries one time or another.