JVM410C review by Marshall

Marshall: JVM410C

Purchased from: Bairds Sound System Belfast

I'm using a Gibson BFG with all the standard pickups etc and also a PRS Santana SE2. Limited use of pedals, but I sometimes use a Boss ME-50 for mod effects like delays and flangers etc. Sounds great at bedroom volumes and at practice volume too. Suits any style I play, and I really love the clean on it along with the od sounds. Currently have it set up with clean green, crunch and od1 Orange, and od2 green. and these provide a great range of tones which work well together with smooth switching. however haven't realy fully cranked it. never needed it above 4or so.. 100watts is a lot of power.

Love it. Been playing over 10 years and is easily the best amp I've ever played through with the widest variety of sounds. In the shop I was also testing a messa 50:50 which I really loved, but I opted for the Marshall and don't regret it. The band love the sound and our other guitarist used my gear more than his own when we recorded our latest few tracks. I would be raging if this was stolen, but any thief wouldn't get far because it's heavy as hell. would certainly buy another one

yes I would gig it without a back up. I've had it a few months now and haven't had a single problem. I've heard there are reliability issuses, but these have improved in recent years. it's a heavy bugger and I'd say it could take a beating, the valves are well protected and are apparantly not too difficult to replace, but I've little experience of replacing valves.

Everybody has already outlined the features so I'll do no more than say that they exceeded my expectations. Having played a Peavey transtube for a few years I wanted to upgrade so researched Marshall amps as I realy wanted a Marshall, and having tried some in the shops I chose this one and haven't regretted it. Far as I can gather it's a 2008, maybe 07. I got it for this price as it had been bought and used for about a week by a reliable customer Who found he just didn't have a need for it. Features are fantastic and I can easily find light rock tones which suit my band and also heavier g'n'r/ Muse kind of tones for playing about in the house. silent recording feature was great for work in the recording studio. excellent

wolfeman85
    why does everybody hate on marshalls man not all of em are shitty most of em are high quality all valve monsters that sound completely mesmerizing in almost every way, just cause they have the crappy MG line doesnt mean they all automatically suck so stop jumpin on the "I hate Marshall!" bandwagon it signifies that you're mildly retarded and a tool
    jetwash69
    MG30DFX > MS2 !!! That's not saying much though. Now I play through a GNX4 over a 180W SS Behringer Keyboard amp. The MG30DFX sounds like the case is full of wet mud when using the built-in distortion instead of a pedal. Even with DiMarzio D-Activator pups. Maybe I shouldn't have bought the floor model from Guitar Center : There ought to be a law against letting nOObs buy gear. We're not all as instintively smart as Koalabacon. Funniest thing is I thought it sounded good on its own until I played the GNX4 through the clean channel. And if I become a pedal snob, I'll think it was funny that I liked the GNX4, especially through an SS keyboard amp along side Roland drums!
    Barto1361
    I played it at my local guitar store, and even though I used a shit schecter, it still sounded very good for my taste, infact it remined me of jcm series. And now to all the trolls yes, MG series suck, but that doesn't mean they're tube amps also are shit, can't you understand that ? You kids probably developed your dislike to "Marshall" when you first played your shit MG's, and of course you'll be saying the same thing about every marshall amp from now on, even though you never actually played it just like you never tried your MG before you threw your money away... Yes, they're marketing department sucks balls, but on the other hand not everyone has enough for a decent tube amp... and if you don't like the sound of someting of it then don't get it, simple as that.
    Barto1361
    Vitooch wrote: how are the overdrive channels on here? and on other marshalls in this case.. like im looking for a new amp, and im mainly lookin at mesas and marshalls, i like the fact that mesas have some dope distortion as they are, but ther soo ****in expensive. the only marshall iv owned is an mg 30fx. dont laugh at the tme i didnt do my research, but does marshall have some good distortion and clean? i want to use the least amount of effects as i can, i mostly play heavy rock/metal and a little soft stuff that involves clean sound help me ouut
    I think you'll be very pleased with this amp as it is very versatile, but you have to hear it for yourself before you get it, at least watch some videos of it on youtube.
    MaggaraMarine
    Hey guys, an amp that costs over 1000 $ and people give it all 10 is not the same thing as people giving Marshall MGs all 10. But still I wouldn't give any product all 10 because I always find something that could be better. This amp seems like very versatile, I haven't tried it but yeah... I think it could deserve something like over 9. But I really can't comment because I haven't tried. And about The Marshall sound: Every Marshall has that Marshall sound, even MGs. They sound like Marshalls even though they don't sound that good. But you can tell that even MGs have that Marshallness in their sound. They just can't do nothing but one sound no matter how you tweak the knobs. But we are not talking about how bad MGs are because this is a JVM, not an MG review! But I mean that every Marshall has the same sound characteristics.
    sg4ever
    I don't know why people rag on them. I played one a few months ago and it was certainly an amp that I felt would have been great to own. Of course, I have more than a few on my list to own.
    hugh20
    I hope so, i lost my trust in Marshalls after i got an MG.
    koalabacon
    hugh20 wrote: ConfusedBirdman wrote: I think these amps are going to gain trust back in the players who played MG's I hope so, i lost my trust in Marshalls after i got an MG.
    i never lost trust. i was smart enough never to buy one.
    Vitooch
    wesman69
    stef123 wrote: i have a marshall MG50DFX and its good.
    [quote]stef123 wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHA, Douche
    SOADriff
    stef123 wrote: i have a marshall MG50DFX and its good.
    No it doesnt. marshall mg's suck ass. ive heard good things about this one though