JVM410H review by Marshall

Marshall: JVM410H

All my guitars are Fender Strats with different pickups. Seymour Duncan Invader humbuckers, DiMarzio single coils and humbuckers but the Strat that I use the most has the DiMarzio Hot Rail single coils (can't remember the model number of my head). It tends to give a little feedback on the od2 channel when not playing. On all my guitars. I am gonna change the pre amp valves which should stop it. This is the only Marshall with this much variety. From the cleanest cleans to the most brutal metal sounds and everything in between this amp owns all. I didn't use my mesa at all last tour.

This thing rocks and rocks hard. If you are thinking of buying a high end amp buy this bad boy and you wont be dissapointed. If it was stolen I would probally buy a new one for sure I'm in love. It's great for my style of musicm, so versitile. I am running this head into 2 Marshall modern vintage cabs with the greenback vintage speakers amazing sound. There is nothing like hittin a note while standin in front of a cranked up stack and feelin every bone in your body vibrate.

Only had it for one month so I can't say for reliability but I always gig with backups ur just stupid if you don't. I tok my mesa triple rec and Marshall DSL100 with me but they where never even turned on. Rating this 5 casue I don't have a opinion as I have only had it for a month.

This amp was made this year 2007! I bought this amp without any intensions to at all. I was buying some new guitars for tour and just started talkin about amps with the dude at the counter and he insisted I try the JVM410H I never heard of it at the time but had a go and absolutley loved it. This amp is buy far the best Marshall I have ever played. It has a effects loop. Not sure about a headphone jack (why would you wanna plug headphones into a head) the only thing it is missing is a noise gate. I would love a noise gate. The amp has loads of power. I just finished a one month tour of australia and this amp was right behind me everynight pumpin put that great Marshall tone. I play several styles of music from metal right though to nice clean interludes and melow overdriven rock. I just toured with this amp playing mostly alternitive rock (think smashing pumpkins sound) it has actually replaced my Mesa Boogie triple recitifer. Far better at that sound than the Mesa.

mdsmith1
    psychokiller99
    mdsmith1 wrote: p5Ych0 wrote: LTDax260 wrote: Man! i love marshall! best amps in the world. there is one guy that telling me that mesa/boogie somthing like that better then marshall mesa is better, peavey is better, diezel is better, krank is better,... marshall's a shit, sorry! Hmmm. Too bad all of those freaking rediculously good guitar players used them. Think of how good Jimi Hendrix, Slash, and Randy Rhoads could've sounded if they had used mesa. Don't be a moron.
    SL!!!
    sid-x
    marshall marshall marshall. ok marshalls are awesome but peaveys rule so much more sound wise peavey own marshall but you know its opinion
    AngryGoldfish
    What about Hughes&Kettner stuff? They certainly deserve a mention. The Trilogy Head is pretty much the same as this, maybe not quite as many tonal options, but it sounds awesome in the videos. And I don't think every sound is mediocre...more like every sound is of the utmost quality. It probably wouldn't match an ENGL or an Orange amp, but its so cheap for what you get. Similar with this. I think this is very cheap for what you get.
    nomopatience
    These amps deserve all the hype theyve been getting as far as im concerned the only draw-back to this amp is the pricetag
    gboyz78
    You can't beat the price for the versatility. The clean tone is amazing. You can't get that from a Mesa.
    ibanezguitarkid
    Don't be a moron. Hey, let's be fair now, they used old Marshalls, most newer model Marshalls don't have that great of tone. Mesas still sound good too. But seriously, Orange amps. Win.
    +1!!! orange rockverb 100!! about the same price ( ), but in my opinion it has better sound and sustain.
    alex240993
    omg if i had enough monry i would get about 100 of them and probably the same amount of cabs and just kill my stupid neighbours who think my 2 watt cube is a wee bit loud
    Lainey
    I tried the DSL and the TSL amps, they are ****ing wicked and a half. But it depends what guitars your using, strings, pickups and pedals, they could be what changes your mind about the amp. It's what works for you, I think Marshall come out top. Mesa's are wicked though.
    maximus69er
    for that price mesa and marshall don't have alot in it. once you get up at that type of price range you are looking for subtle differences. Though i would personally go mesa cause i am not a fan of marshall, but thats just me.
    ericgentz
    This is is EXTREMELY good in my opinion, produces anything I could possibly want, although I could probalby by a 1998 Used Honda Civic for the same price.
    COWlan
    JVMs are soso in terms of tone however its built like a piece of shit, no gigging guitarist would ever bring that on tour. I'm not a fan of the Uber sophisticated, 4 channel super amp. Just find a good 2 channel basic tube amp that offers good cleans and nice overdrive, then pick your own pedals to do the dirty work. Theres just wayy too much stuff packed into the JVM, should just spend the resources and make two channels of pure awesomeness than 4 channels of mediocre.
    ArcherTheVMan
    stephen_rettie wrote: LTDax260 wrote: Man! i love marshall! best amps in the world. there is one guy that telling me that mesa/boogie somthing like that better then marshall ahahahahaha hahaha aw man mesas are better then marshalls for hi gain stuff
    ...no.
    Longshanks
    psychokiller99 wrote: mdsmith1 wrote: p5Ych0 wrote: Pretty much all the greats use, or have used, Marshall. LTDax260 wrote: Man! i love marshall! best amps in the world. there is one guy that telling me that mesa/boogie somthing like that better then marshall mesa is better, peavey is better, diezel is better, krank is better,... marshall's a shit, sorry! Hmmm. Too bad all of those freaking rediculously good guitar players used them. Think of how good Jimi Hendrix, Slash, and Randy Rhoads could've sounded if they had used mesa. Don't be a moron. not to mention jimmy page, pete townshend, angus young, malmsteem, eric clapton, the list goes on
    deafening
    not to mention stfu marshall and mesa are both amazing, but the MG line of marshalls has brought shame upon their name. Shame I tell you! SHAAAAME!
    CommBreakDown
    I have the HEAD love it but hes right the OD2 and OD1 on the RED channels feedback when your not playing...that much power...but the distortion is a smooth, full and warm sound...I got a nice smo0oth tone right now ,think Paul Gilbert but creamier and fuller
    stephen_rettie
    ahahahahaha hahaha aw man mesas are better then marshalls for hi gain stuff
    Kalyth
    Its official price (form Marshall 2007 Catalogue) is 899... Not an easy buying...
    LTDax260
    guitaringsailor
    sounds so cool!! marshall amps rock! but hte monaey man i probably couldn't afford the knobs for it =P
    p5Ych0