JVM410H review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Marshall: JVM410H

Right now I'm using a Gibson Les Paul Studio, PRS Santana SE, G&L Legacy, and a Firebird non reverse body with three mini humbuckers. This amp sounds fine but it just doesn't have that feel. It does break up of course but you gotta prepare for a lot of sounds attacking your ears. 100watts is good but for jamming to loud so I never get the chance to crank this as other tube amps. This distortion can get pretty heavy and doesn't take much to get high gain. There are many other amps out there that sound over all better than this. That's coming from a person that plays everything from the usual blues to metal and whatever else I feel.

This could of been a great amp. I mean after 4 years of playing I thought this be the one that lasts me for a while but I find myself trying to sell it. For a while though I really liked it. Great of recording which is about the only thing it's good for now a days. Since you can plug direct out with a mix cable I get a really nice quality but I can still get the same mixing it with mics that only cost 150-200 dollars. I would never buy this amp again and suggest you do not either. Look around more for other amps and just try to find audio clips of them and compare them. Right now I'm selling this to buy a Vox, a Fender and a Orange amp. I'd just rather use a amp selector instead of just hoping that this amp has no surprises for me.

Reliability & durability are much of a joke when it comes to this amp. I bought it soon after its release and after a few months my OD 1 on Orange (my favorite setting fast far as distortion wise) cut out. Which meant that I could not use both OD channels for jamming with the band (one for volume boost during solos). Then later on I accidentally messed up my foot Switch. Which at the time I thought no big deal, just buy a new one. Well apparently no one has any extras to sell and I've asked multiple guitar shops to fix it but they won't touch it. So I've been out of a foot Switch since Feb 2nd (the show I blew it out at by rushing and plugging it into the power out). I've also called musicians friend to see if they had one in stock (they recommended the AVT150 footswitch, what a joke) and called Marshall and they said 1-6 months a shipment the pedals might come in It is now June 15th and lack of better terms I'm pissed. Also recently my OD1 Orange has begun working but the whole channel now has dulled in tone. For what I paid this should not happen.

This amp as 4 channels and each channel has a different setting. green is the cleanest, Orange has more dirty and red is ridiculous. Runs on EL34s and sounds rather ok. I mean it's nothing special as far as tone goes just a lot of buttons. There are also two master settings and digital reverb. The foot Switch has everything you need to control all the channels (clean, crunch, OD1 and OD2), between the master and the reverb. While this has a lot of features it's a little over the top and you'll find yourself not using them as much as you think you would. Besides for what's it's worth you can buy multiple distortion pedals and have as many channels as this.

tom_martin_123
    shredder_666 wrote: Hughes & Kettner=7/10 Peavey=4/10 Krank=9/10 Orange=6/10 Line 6 3/10 Epiphone 0/10 (when it comes to amps) Crate 1/10 Laney 7/10 Fender 8/10 Randall 4/10 Behringer 1?10 Genz Benz 8/10 Kustom 0/10 Hiwatt 6/10 Vox 5/10 MARSHALL 11/10 MESA 11/10 This is based on my experience
    How can you rate a manufacturer like that? seriously, especially when your giving Vox 5 (AC30 ffs)!!!! and Marshall 11, they make some terrible amps (mg series). you can't judge an amp by its badge, that's my point.
    shredder_666
    This is definetely Marshall's greatest head. If you know how to use it you can get the tone of every marshall ever released. Well worth the money. Dont own one, but ive played on them many times. Almost considered buying it. But not right now. In the future maybe, I have a triple rec now and a budget that wont allow a second amazing amp right now. VERY good head.
    Th6r6a6sH
    seijo_hxc
    Th6r6a6sH wrote: deafening wrote: not to mention stfu marshall and mesa are both amazing, but the MG line of marshalls has brought shame upon their name. Shame I tell you! SHAAAAME! ^ What he said!! At first i loved my MG. but that was only because it was 20 times louder than my Crate GT15. I plugged into this head and was hit with a brick wall of sonic possibility that made my MG sound like unseasoned pre-chewed steak. WTF Marshall!?
    Simply, you get what you pay for. Even thought MGs are overpriced in my opinion...
    Walshy200
    At the moment i'm kind of stuck on what to buy, this or the 2266 Vintage Modern... i play a variety of music ranging from metal and hard rock to the early stuff like Led Zeppelin and ACDC... as i havn't actually played on any of these amps could somebody please give some advice on which one i should purchase
    Sleazeball
    Walshy, I'd recommend that you get the Vintage Modern. I've got the JVM and played the VM, and whilst the vintage modern really does only classic rock, the JVM has a great channel but it's crunch channel is weak as hell, and the OD channels just have FAR too much gain, and it's not just a case of turning the gain knob down, it's quite mushy and unclear. Go play the VM and you'll hear how good it sounds!
    Lil'hl
    Hey, to all of you whose footswitch has turned down. GET A MIDI CONTROLLER!!!
    shredder_666