JVM410H review by Marshall

Marshall: JVM410H

Purchased from: 4Sound.dk

Well, currently I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, but soon I am going to buy a new guitar, which I already tried with the amp, and it sounds just fantastic. It suits my music style perfectly. My band Poisoner is a Death/Thrash band, and this amp is just perfect for our music. This amp can get very loud, but when the sound is on 1, it still sounds powerful. The amp can make a lot of sounds, also because of the green, Orange and red options for each channel. The clean channel is a bit distorted at high volumes, take the red mode and put gain on 10, then it sounds like overdrive. The sound of this beast is awesome! - It's the best amp I've ever Played/Owned.

I swear, if this amp was stolen. I would call the insurance and the police as soon as I found out, and get a new one. I love the distortion in this amp, the OD1 is the best feature in this amp. - What I hate is that the red clean sound is a little more brutal then the crunch on red. And I also dislike that OD1 and OD2 sounds pretty much the same, but the OD1 has more power, than the OD2. They should have made the OD1 and OD2 so it was TWO DIFFERENT CHANNELS. Cause they almost sound the same, but as said OD1 with more power.

Well, I got the amp recently. So I can't really rate this. - But I know somebody who has the same amp, and they say that this amp will last forever.

Very versatile amp. It is perfect for my style of music, which is everything from Rock to Thrash Metal to Death Metal. The amp, has a lot of features, 4 channels with green, Orange and red mode. There is also a nice footswitch with the Amp. - And the amp has MIDI. This amp has a lot of power, I use it everywhere, it's very loud. It's a tube amp, one of the finest amps ever by Marshall. There is Clean, Crunch, Od1, Od2. The Clean channel gives you a nice warm clean sound, which satisfies the ears. The Crunch channel is a nice overdrive channel for some old school rock. Od1 is a very nice metal Channel, I use 0D1 as the main channel for the dirt sound. But Od2 is pretty good too, I like to variate it a lot. It seems like there is a little more Power in OD1, than in OD2 though.

MaggaraMarine
    Paro_metalhead wrote: There is a way to get mesa tone on these brilliant amps people - OD2, put the CHANNEL VOLUME ON 1-2, then the MASTER on 9-10, it boosts the preamp . BEST AMP I'VE TRIED BY FAR!!!
    What? Master volume controls the power amp volume. Gain controls the pre amp volume.
    Gortorek
    Nothing's worse than when you ask your friends what amp you should start with, and they all turn round and say 'get a JCM'...
    HoddiDarko
    Considering trading my Mesa Triple rectifier for one of these, but I can't decide since I feel it ain't reliable enough...
    geoffreygjames
    After reading all your comments I went ahead and got my hands on one that had the Voodoo Amp "Standard Mod" not a "Signature Mod" like the Senes Mod. All I can say is it's the best amp I ever played through, with enough versatility on ONE SINGLE SETTING, just using your guitar's volume knob, to put most multi-channel amps to shame, much less with all the combinations available from the footswitch. Doesn't need presence knobs or resonance bass boosters and doesn't have em. But that's... OK. Of course I've never heard one that doesn't have the mod. But I'm thinking of doing the Mercury Magnetics mod, too. Planning to run this head dry and route the fx through a JCM 2000 DSL. Jammed it last night and got all the classic Marshall sounds from Bluesbreaker, Plexi to JCM 800, whatever - all out of ONE unchanged setting on OD1, just by rolling off volume. Of course you can adjust the amp's volume if you need to mix with the band and still get that power amp cranked sound. I haven't even figured out how the master volume actually works yet, but have been told it's the opposite of normal. I just ran the master at about 3 and the channel volume higher as us usually done to overdrive the power amp and got instant nirvana. Have to try doing it the opposite way and see what comes of that, but I suspect it would clean up, no? Later!