MA50H review by Marshall

Marshall: MA50H

Price paid: € 513

Purchased from: local dealer

Generally the MA series is cheap but I didn't expect that it has such a great sound. I am currently running the amp through a pedal board I have built and I have the most beautiful sound. However the amp itself has the most smooth clean sound I have ever heard. The distortion is really adjustable. It is good for rock to metal sounds! You can adjust the gain and find your sound easily. I play with Seymour Duncan pickups on a Schecter and I am truly amazed at the variations of sounds you can get from this thing.

I am in love with my amp! I play from hard rock to metal and I can get the sound as I want it! The bright red light inside of this head is sure to attract the eyes of the crowd! I had a mg Marshall before and I am truly amazed with my new one. I don't want to make you buy it because of my enthusiasm but I am convinced that it is more from what I expected and for his money... Its amazing. For me it has only one disadvantage which is that adjusting a knob eg. Treble it affects the others. that's because it's a tube amp I think. But all the others are just perfect. Keep rockin'. Video from YouTube:

YouTube preview picture

Well, as I bought the amp a months ago I can't say anything about servicing the tubes and stuff. But so far no problems are showed up. I have used it at 6 performances and it is really reliable. Also I think that twenty kilos is a good weight for a head. I can carry it on foot. I believe it wont crush on stage because I don't have another head but as I have read in some reviews about the amp, it is very reliable and I don't think you ll need a backup amp! And as this is a tube amp, after shutting it down remember to wait a few minutes before moving it because you may damage the tubes.

Well, This Marshall may be cheap but is kicka-s as hell. It has of course the classical Marshall colours (gold and black) and its a full tube amp. 2 channels, clean and overdrive. Knobs: precense, resonance, reverb, gain, treble, bass, middle, crunch balance and volume). It also has a boost for overdrive which is wicked. Fifty watts are enough for me, for on stage performances and for bedroom shit too. No headphones output which doesn't bothers me much. It weights about 20 kilos I think. It has one power and one standby switch and a bright sexy red colour inside!

metalheadssuck2
    If its not a JCM, Jubilee, or handwired, it sucks.
    BradIon1995
    JVM? Dave Mustaine and Joe Satriani can't be wrong. You're either very narrow-minded, or just a troll.
    huther7717
    I have both JCM 2000 DSL, JCM 800 (80svintage), SLP 1959 ( 1977) and JVM210. They are all great but the JVM runs away as the best. You need to know how to dial in an amp....it's harder than you think. But once you do, the JVM is a monster. I get great PLEXI, JCM 2203 and modern tones out of it. A very ballsy amp and the tip of the spear for marshall.
    NikDrag
    Lmfao @thkoby haha. Yeah ive got one of these, and yes, it IS full tube i cracked it open. Ive been gigging eith this for a while now, the amp is a really nice, basic tube head. Nothing special. But it puts out a mice brit tone. I run a pedal board jnto the front of it and that changes the wholw game with this thing. Ive found its pretty heavy in the treble department, but its no biggy i agree, a jcm, silver jubilee or handwired would be nicer, (jcm 800 is my dream amp) its a good amp to use for shows for thr price. Gonna stick some nice tubes in it though. But yeah thats my speal, good affordabale workhorse amp, no fancy whistles. Honestly, if your a tone junkie, you would sit down like imdid for 5 hours, and hit the Od channel with a mxr custom badass 78 distortiom, and a vox xooltron big ben overdrive, youre in sexy town.
    Zakkwylde2179
    for its money i think its a very good tube amb. Its a tube marhall in an affordable price... whats better?
    Adam124
    This amp isn't a "full tube amp" It's been advertised as a full valve amp but at the end of the day it's a hybrid. Amazing how the sound got a 9 considering I played it myself and it sounds pretty awful. For the price there's lenty of better amps out there for that kind of money.
    Zakkwylde2179
    maybe you didn t spend enough time fixing the equalisers and presence and resonance. With my guitar sound pretty good.
    huther7717
    You are probably right. I played one and it's got the growl. Most problems with tone on a tube marshall starts and ends with the guitar player.
    dbdalien
    Ive had this head for a over year now Best amp I ever had. I run it at 16 ohms and she is dirty
    tadzio.heibert
    Kinda late to the party here, but i bought this amp (inc. the matching 4/12) for 230 bucks from a friend of mine. Best money ever spent thats for sure. You need to dial inn the amp correctly though. I like to run my presence quite high and roll of the high knob when im playing on the OD channel. I also recommend putting a tubescreamer in front of it if you plan on playing heavier stuff. It just tightens it up. The resonance knob is also very usefull for dialing in your low end. I play everything from jazz to progressive death metal. The amp really rocks, but you need to turn it up. its really fizzy on low volumes...