MF350 review by Marshall

Marshall: MF350

Purchased from: Second hand

I play a Hagstrm ultra swede with the James Hetfield EMG set. So it's on the high output side. It suits my Pop-punk style perfect on the Cruch channel (kind of a JCM 800). I have set the OD2 channel to some weird stuff that I use sometimes in certain parts of certain songs. I don't use the clean channel, it's to clean and it has too much headroom so I just pull back my volume knob on the guitar instead. It's a very quiet amp! Never had any buzzing or something like that. It is impossible to distort the clean channel! How brutal is the distortion? Haha, you can get it really really brutal! As I explained above you can scoop the mids and use the "tone matrix" knob to get it evil as shit. It has great tones but I like simplicity and more of a straight one channel distortion amp! And in comparison to the JCM 2000 I borrowed for a couple of years it sounds kind of rancid.

I love the quality, the durability and the XLR output! I hate all the knobs and possibilities, I just want one channel with good sound. If it were stolen I would be sad, but I would take my money and try something new!

It's solid like a rock, it's even better built than a Boss pedal! It would survive the nuclear test on the pacific proving grounds! I used it on gigs and at rehearsals and it have never failed me! Really good quality on this one!

This amp is made in 2003. I play pop-punk, with some hardcore elements, I was using a JCM 2000 that was perfect for me, but I just borrowed it from my dad and he wanted it back and told me to get my own Marshall! And I did! This amp has four channels, a clean, crunch, OD1 and OD2 channel. You can switch from any of these channels. But it's built like this: CLEAN/CRUNCH and OD1/OD2, like two amps so the two channels on each amp share the same volume and gain. You also have a master volume knob. The amp also has a volume knob for the FX loop, and a volume knob for the solo mode. I don't use more than the Crunch channel, enough gain for anyone! You can also scoop the mids, which gives you a darker more hi-gain feel. The OD1/OD2 channel also has a "tone matrix" witch is three preset EQ curves for the bottom, you can get some really nasty, dark and evil tones! A great thing with this amp is that I don't have any power tubes, only tubes in the first stage witch means you can use the XLR output without the need to connect it to a speaker cabinet. It is 300W so it has way more than you need, really absurd to have that much power. I use it on rehearsals and at gigs!