MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: Jackson Music

I run an Ibanez Custom RG321 through it on the humbucker through a DigiTech GNX1, DigiTech Grunge pedal, and a Boss DS-1 and it sounds great, it's plenty loud, and it's got EQ so you can personalize that sound. It only has a clean and distorted channel (the distortion is ok not all that great). I play a lot of grunge and it lets me load a lot of effects onto the sound and it's still clear. When you turn it on after it sits for like 6 or more hours it revs like a car that won't start, I don't know why. And sometimes after a lot of playing the noise (buzzing) can get pretty loud, but you can only notice it when you're not playing.

As I mentioned earlier it's good for people who use a lot of floor effects. It gives you a great clear sound in all conditions (unless you purposely try to make it un-clear). It's pretty loud for 100W. It's a great amp and all but I wouldn't go out looking for one if your looking to go on stage. I wish it had a floor pedal for the channel switching, but the distortion isn't all that great anyway so I just leave it on the Clean channel.

It hasn't kicked out on me yet, but the reving it does when it starts up kinda scares me, I wouldn't take it on stage over the Marshall AVT150 I have, but it's good for practice.

This amp dosn't have as much on it as some of the other Marshalls but that's how some like it. It's pretty simple, and if your an effects (floor pedals) person it's just what you need. It's got a good "clean" channel and a button to give that channel kick. It's got a distorted channel to give it even more kick, and it's an ok distortion. It's got an effects loop, headphone jack, and an external speaker jack. No floor switch for the amp. I wish it had on though. It sits in a 14 foor by 14 foot room (my bed room) with a drum set and a Peavey bass amp and it's got enough power to equalize to them, even go a little higher (100W). It's got like 12 knobs on it for the 2 channels' gain, EQ, and it has effects, but the effects don't change for the 2 channels their universal (just chorus, reverb, delay, and flanger).