MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: American Music Supply

I use this with a Fender jagstang that has one humbucker and one single coil. I never use the single coil, so it's just the humbucker. I've played some Guns N' Roses on this, and it's fricken awesome, sounds just like Slash. OD1, which is less heavy lead, is great for Led Zeppelin and stuff, while OD2 is better for heavier distortion. It handles well in all situations. Overall, excellent.

This is so good. Sometimes I might reach out a little, but all in all, I am a classic rock player. This is the most perfect amp I have ever played. Go out and buy one if your looking for a good gig amp.

I pretty much have to use this at a gig without backup, 'cause it's all I've got. It's brand new and works like a dream. This is gonna last me at least ten years, probably more. Another excellent.

I think that this was made in like 2003 or something like that, but I haven't really checked. I just gigged for the first time with this amp (I've been using a crappy Peavey 25 watt) and it is so good. I play classic rock, punk, and some metal. For classic rock and punk, this amp is a must, however, without a disortion pedal for this amp, its hard to get a really metal sound. It's passable of course, 'cause Marshalls are as close to perfect as you can get, but there is still something to be desired for. This has digital effects, delay, chorus, and flange. The flange and the delay are good, but the chorus is really weak, I can't hear it at all. It came with a footswitch, which is awesome. I wish that it would switch between the clean and the crunch on the clean channel, and OD1 and OD2 on the lead channel. You have to switch that on the amp, and the switch is just for switching between channels and turning on the effects. Overall, this is a great amp, for the price and the size.