MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: GAK

I use a Gibson SG Classic with P90's it works a treat with or without my MT2 the effects are great, and it suits my style you can get a heap load of bass out of it so palm muting sounds quality, it can be noisy when using pedals, feedback etc you can solve this using a Noise Suppressor though, there is a great variety of sounds the amp gives, plenty of knobs to find that unique sound your looking for. The clean holds all pretty good even when loud, but I would warn you when using distortion when you turn it up it can get worse so if your playing live you may need to change your settings, if you are not using any distortion/overdrive pedals on this then you do not need to worry as the distortion does not go too far anyway.

Great for my music, great variety of sounds you can find, it may take a while to get use to the sounds and finding your sound but thats half the fun. I have been playing a year I tried this in the shop and liked it straight away, if it was lost or stolen I would probably buy it again, the footswitch is great as you can switch from FX to clean to distorted easily in comparison with other amps I think for someone playing small venues it's great but I guess if you have the money go for a JCM 800 or any valve Marshall.

I would depend on it but it would be nice to have backup I think that goes for anything though, it has not broken yet which is great but I do not push this amp to far, I know friends who have had theres repaired. But do not worry about that the sound it gives is ace.

I have no idea wen it was made, but I know the MG's are pretty new, I play metal and this amp is perfect, when you turn the OD 2 on you get a good bit of distortion but I find it is not enough that is why I use MT2 along side it, which makes it superb. It has features such as delay, chorus, flange, reverb and plenty of fx controls, you have plenty of power no need to turn this thing past 5 really for me anyway, it is a solid state but the FDD makes this amp act like a Valve which I personally like it's a great feature.