MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: bizarre guitar

I play through it with a Gibson Les Paul. It is great for classic rock and blues, which are what I play. It isn't noisy at all, except the fan buzzes a little when I first turn it on, it goes away after a minute or two. This amp has huge variety. The clean channel stays reasonably clean all the way up until your ears start distorting it. The distortion can be totally brutal if you want it to be.

This is a great amp, perfect for what I play. If it was stolen or lost I would buy an old Marshall Plexi probably, but I would never sell it or trade it. I love the Marshall tone. I compared it to pretty much every amp I could, and nothing beats a Marshall.

I would use it at a gig with no backup, and the amp has never broken down. One time the fan stopped working, but that was my own doing, long story, don't ask.

This amp is perfect for classic rock. It is totally versatile too, you can have a down south juking crunch all the way up to a death metal roar. For me I leave it on the clean channel for the most part and run my pedal board through it. It has a clean and an overdrive channel, with two overdrive settings, 1 and 2, 2 is heavy. You can run an effects loop, and it does have a headphone jack/emulated line out great for late night practices. I hardly ever use the FX part of it, but at the time I bought it I didn't have any separate effects. I do use the delay. I use this amp in my band and at gigs. It's 100 watts, and it has a ton of power. It is solid state as well, so pedals work great through it.