MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

My P.O.S. guitar doesn't really sound great with this amp, because it's a f--ked up Strat clone that has the worstest fret buzz ever. But at the Music Star I tried it though a Fender Strat and I liked the way it sounded. Right now it suits my type of music Rage Against The Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, some Hendrix and Santana. The problem that's pissing me off though is that I live in a suburb and my neighbors are dickheads so I can't play this amp to its full potential. The distortion kicks ass though and with some feedback this sucker can get loud but then I'll get the cops on me for noise pollution.

I was impressed with this amp and is good for me until I get more money for a Marshall JCM800 dual channel 50 Watt amp. I wished I would have asked you guys for more opinions on this amp before I bought it because at first people were all for the MG and now they say they suck well you all can go screw yourself because I like this amp. If it were lost or stolen I would buy another amp in the future and in the mean time probably use my uncle's old amp, which is a damn good amp.

This amp is kind of heavy and seems real durable to any extent. I just wished that the Marshall company would've get more that one handle strap for the amp. This amp is loud to play some gigs at a small club but if you want real power get a tube. The amp has never broken down on me and probably never will.

This amp is brand new when I bought it and was is in perfect condition. Though the amp has been given a bad rep from all the UGer's it was pretty good to me. It has 3 channels clean, crunch, and overdrive and a footswitch that came with it only had a channel switch for overdrive and clean and the digital FX. This thing has 100 Watts of Solid State power which is good when I play at my church. It also has built in digital FX which I don't use that much except for the flanger.