MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: andertons music

I use a cruiser Fender strat copy with 3 single coil pickups. Not to great but ok for a 14 year old. This amp is so good you dont nesseserily need a flashy guitar with humbuckers to sound good. It's better with humbuckers but normal single coils are awesome aswell on this amp. In this case the guitar really doesnt matter. The amp sounds great overall, the claen and overdrive 1 have a really nice warm tone and it's just got that distinctive Marshall tone that beats any other amp make. Brilliant sound (this amp is great for Guns N' Roses). The distortion is powerful on crunch and overdrive 2 at very high gain and volume levels. Overdrive also screeches at full gain and volume, I was stunned wen I tried that ouch! But still awesome sound overall and I'm proud that I have such a powerful amp.

I don't really like rock or metal, I just love Guns N' Roses and Slash, that's all I really play but this amp suits many styles of music and I love it. If it were stolen, it's so heavy I doubt anyone would bother taking it but id buy a new one if stolen or broke I mean cumon 215 pounds thats excellent for a 100 watt amp with 4 different spund modes, a footswtich, effects and considering its a Marshall brilliant price! Don't go for anything else!

Well, I've only had it for 1/2-1 day but I think it will last for a long time. Reliability wise I think this is a really solid and strong frikin amp man I bet you could drive into it full speed and will be fine! It's really heavy and strong very reliable. I would never mistreat it but even if I did it woud still probably fine.

This amp is brilliant. The features are really good. There is a clean sound, which is good at medium - high gain, it's not very noticable low but thats ok just turn the damn thing up! Crunch is awesome, it's a really heavy, bluesy kind of sound and it's really distorted and it roars with high gain, it's really good. That was the first channel, there are 2 channels but 4 different sound modes. The second channel is overdrive, thats really cool. Od1 is good for punk or normal rock. Od 2 is really good, it suits heavy rock, heavy metal, or just plain rock (low - medium gain for normal rock), it's really cool. Similar to crunch but a bit less growl. All of them are good though. Also it has stunning effects like chorus, delay, chorus/delay, flanger. These are really cool delay is like an echo and it's awsome. Also there is a great reverb level and FX level to control how much FX you want. A few input jacks for headphones and CD in. A great FDD switch which can't really explain but sounds great, a bit valvey. 2-way footswitch also supplied.