MG100DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: Steve's

Mostly I've been using this amp with a Eppy SG with two humbuckers, and the sounds suits my style prefectly. I play lots of styles but mostly metal. I've heard peoplee complain tthat they cant get a good chug outta these amps, I have no idea what they're talking about. The amp is pretty noisy if you turn the contour up high and the volume up on the overdrive channel, but you can't notice it whiloe playing so it's not too bad. Really all I use this amp for is the distortion because I found I could lots of different types of distortion and as for the clean, to make sound better I just use the chorus effect.

Ok amp its got good sound, good features but the reliability really ruins it. I would recommend it if it wasnt for the sound cutting out.

You cant rely on this amp. I have had the sound cut out on me all the time. I got it fixed and the very same day it cut again. I've heard reports that it happens again after about 2 months of being fixed. I keep wondeful care of my amp rarely ever move it.

I have no idea when this amp was made I assume recently though. I play many many different style of music including ska, metal, punk. It doesnt really cover all but most. This amp has two channels, clean and overdrive and comes with a footswitch to change between them with is handy. The amp also has 4 built in effect; delay, chorus, delay/chorus, flanger and reverb. On the footswitch you can choose to turn of the effedct but not the reverb wich is a pain. I used this amp for praticing with my band the highest I ever put the volume I ever needed it was 4 or 5, this thing is freggin loud.