MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: Music Go-Round

I will just say this amp is good with any guitar, I play with a Cort G-200 with 3 pickups and it sounds pretty cool at any volumes, the distortion is really good and deep even if you put the volume all way to the top! I have been at small parties with about 250 to 300 people an it has never dissapointed me.

I love every aspect of this amp exept the weight, but I can handle it so I would say this amp just fulfilled amp my expectatives, even if I am at home or at a small gig this amp really works for me, it fits on my car, it shines like the sun and you can have the power and the quality of a Marshall valve-amp without paying too much. I consider this amp the best of the MG series.

This amp is one of the most trustable amps in the market, it has never made any weird sound or die in the middle of a gig, you don't have to be worried about anything when using the amp, it is heavy but it is worth it! All you need to do is clean up the dust and that's it, no need for taking care of valves, I have dropped my amp from the stairs like 3 times and nothing happened to it, not even a scratch!

This is my first Marshall amp, far from being a piece of crap like most critics say, I say this a pretty good combo for what I paid. I play in a punk-ska band and this amp works great for me. It has 2 channels, one clean with crungh which sounds really cool and the other channel with OD1 perfect for playing soft punk and rock and the OD2 mode which will made you ears want more, good for playing heavy stuff. The amp comes with 4 effects( flanger, chorus, delay, phaser and they can be mixed for your preference. The pedal changes between the two channels and turns on the effects, it weights about 22 kg. If find it perfect for a small gig of about 300 people!! it is really powerful.

cajon88
    it's a pretty ok amp actually,cleans not to good though,but the overdrive channel is pretty good. Of course,this can't be compared to 'real' marshall amps, but on it's on,compared to SS amps,it's got decent tone.the contour makes it pretty versatile too. Oh,and the footswitch...sucks.just died recently.
    Donkey Fly
    People buy marshall amps for the clean tone....and th clean tone on Marshall amps is amazing....cajon88 is wrong...the clean tone on this amp is fanatstic...extremely versatile.... The humming is the fan kicking in.....and as for Frosticle....im sure if you look after your amp that won't happen...im not saying you've abused it but...that tends to happen when an amp has had lots of bump and drops from highish distances.....but i dont see how you can really lift this to them kind of distances as this batsard weighs a ton lol.