MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a Jackson Warrior with two Humbucking pickups. Now through this amp I get a tingle down my spine because these two really match each other. The contour knob really puts in the tone, I tell you with out that little knob I would have no will to live! It ads so much ritchness to the sound and on full makes a lovely heavy sound to it!

Well I've been playing now for a year and a bit, so this really is the best amp I've ever had. I am sure in future when I have the tuppence I will upgrade to a AVT or something like that, It will have to be a Marshall. But if I lost it somewhere (the kitchen) I would buy another, because there such little war horses. Love the effects, as far as basic requirements goes this amp has it all!

This thing is built like a brick shit house! It reaaly is, I would not need a backup with this. It has never given me any jip, but I've only had it for 8 months. My amp is registered with Marshall so if something went wrong with it the warranty will cover it (atleast for quite a while anyway).

Well here we go then, this babys got two channels, one for clean one for distortion. Then you've got the built in effects, reverb, chorus, delay, flange and they are great! I don't usually use the chorus though. On to the distortion, now I am no expert but this distortion is brilliant to me, you get the real power with the OD2 Switch on! But you can make really nice classic rock sounds with OD1 and lower end distortion. In terms of power this amp is perfect for gigs and jams. I play mostly metal and I picked this amp because of what I had heard about it. It is very suited towards this type of music but I am sure you could get almost any basic sound out of it. Another feature is the CD in Jack that I use to plug in a Hi-Fi or a microphone.