MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Price paid: € 365

Purchased from: Music box navan

I use a Gibson SG Standard with humbicker pickups. Its noisy if you want it to be I only use it up to 2 or 3. The clean channel is a bit distorted at high gain.Overall the amp has a very sharp sound. The louder the amp gets the better the sound. Istill don't like the sharp sound on it I prefore the deep sound of a tube amp.

I've been playing for 3 years I only have one other am a Fender Frontman 15G but I've tried loads more in shops.I like everything about the amp except for the sharp sound but you would hardly notice it it just bugs me. If you like the sharp sound them I would highly recemmend if to you but if you like deep sounds don't get it.

The amp is very reliabill I would go on stage without a backup even though I kick it jump on it drop it it still works great the only thing that broke was the footswitch the fx select stoped working for no reason a new one is 30 euro so thats a bugger but other than that its great.

The amp is made in China.I uses this for bluse rock Indie and metal the amp works for all these. It has 4 channels clean (crunch, clean) and Overdrive (od1, od2) and 4 fx choras/delay, delay, choras, flange. A footswitch comes with the amp it has channel select and dfx select. It has fx send and fx return and headphone jack. I wish you could switch between all the channels not just the two. I uses this amp to practise and gig. It has loads of power to keep up with everything. it's a mono solid state amp.