MG100DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100DFX

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I use this amp with my trusty 'ol Epiphone Les Paul Custom. It has two humbuckers so it's nothing amazing. All I care is that it gets the job done. This amp can be noisy, especially when it's near a radiator or if you have a cell phone within 20 feet of it. No big deal. This amp can give you any sound you want really. Everything from reggae to Black metal. The clean channel sticks to its name. It stays clean, no matter what volume. The distortion is the definition of brutality. It'll have you head banging like maniac for hours on end. It did for me.

This amp WILL, I guarantee to anyone, satisfy the you with the sound you're looking for, whether it be Acoustic sounding country or Punk or whatever your musical preferences are. I've been playing since my 13th birthday, so it's been two years now. I own my Les Paul, a DigiTech Grunge pedal and I'm a very proud owner of a Dunlop crybaby Wah pedal. I don't regret purchasing this amplifier for an instant. If this were stolen or lost, I would most definitely buy myself another Marshall, that's the amplifier brand I'll be using my whole life for sure. I absolutely love everything about this amp, no flaws that I can hear.Like I said, if I could change this amp in any one way, I would love for it to be a tube amp. Overall, this amp is a satisfactory purchase for me, and I'm sure it will be for you, fellow readers. Rock on

THIS THING IS A BEAST. I've dropped from some pretty questionable heights, and it's survived. It's a sturdy, well-built amplifier. I would most definitely use this baby at a gig without any backup whatsoever. No way, this amp has NEVER once broken down. It's like a steel box, nothing can stop this tough guy.

My Marshall MG100DFX was made in 2002. This amp extremely versatile with basically any sound you would ever want coming from it's speakers. I play death/thrash/progressive metal. Obviously I use distortion, but in those three sub genres of metal, there are every so often clean passages in the middle of songs. With this amplifier, I can get aggressive death metal sound, and a warm clean sound. It's beautiful. It has two channels, Clean and overdrive. It does have channel switching either with a button on the amp itself or via footswitch (I use the footswitch) It has effects. Chorus, delay, flanger and reverb; the basics but that's all you need. It has a CD input jack, an MP3 player plug in, headphone plug in, and of course, the guitar input. I wish this amp was a tube amp and not a solid state. That's really the only thing because we all know tube amps sound so much more vivid than solid-statrs. I rarely use the effects on this amp, but when I do decide to, they are wonderful. I use this amp as a primary amplifier. I don't currently have money for a cab or head, and believe me when I say that this amp kicks any practice amp's ass. I use this amp everywhere, practice, and small shows. I really do love this amp

havee
    KevBlue18 wrote: Stay away from solid state all together.
    Well.. if you want to use a very old technology and you want risk to get an electric shock.. then yes, buy a tube amp.. i don't know, what's that "tube amps are good, solid states are sh*t" stuff.. solid state amps are more reliable and less dangerous.. but if you want tubes in your amp.. buy a marshall mf350.. or any other hybrid amp, with tube preamp and solid state power amp..
    Ubadood
    Are these reviews serious? Jesus Christ, This is ridiculous...The MG is one of the worst amps you can get. I really can't believe the reviews on this because sorry guys but you are very very wrong. It would be alright if the people reviewing these amps were beginners because their ears have-not been propally trained yet but there are some people who have been playing for quite a long time and still rate this...What has the guitar world come to *Facepalm*
    megadeth52
    anyone know how much this would be in canadian and if it would make alot of feedback with a digitech deathmetal distortion pedal?
    =MetaL=FanatiC=
    Why do people even bother writing reviews if they just give 10/10, ****ing idiots. This amp is a beginner practice amp, for anything else it's a useless piece of crap, sound on all settings is flat and shallow, the effects suck chode and it produces abysmal amount of feedback without a noisegate. Stop trying to defend it fanboys, because you probably have no idea what a "good" amp sounds like.
    BRB Devil
    I don't know what a good amp sounds like, i have an MG100DFX. Sometimes i like it and sometimes i don't, the digital effects are crap. But when all is said and done it is good for the price that i paid.