MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

At the Minute I'm using a Yamaha Pacifica for rock styles mainly as it has 2 distortion modes od1/od2, I am impressed with the volume of it I am using the head with a angled 4 x 12 cab and the volume is unbleeivable! The clean channel is very high quality it is good when electro-accostics are plugged in it doesnt distort them. The distortion is either very beefy or more mild and bluesy your choice!

I play mostly rock/heavy metal, this amp is perfect for that. I have been playing 3 years and I own a Laney hardcore max practice amp and a Yahama Pacifica and a few acoustics. If It were stolen I'd get another one of these. If I Had the money I would buy a straight 4x12 cab to make it a full stack!

I'd say this amp is very dependable I would use it at a gig without backup. It has never broken down.

I have just recently purchased this amp as my first big amp because I'm just starting having gigs. It has two channels, footswitchable. A headphone input, CD in (so you can rock along to your favourite tunes). It's A solid state head with an fdd button which Marshall say imitates the sound of a valve amp, To be honest I can't hear the diffrence.