MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play a Limited Edition Fender So-Cal Speed Shop Strat, and it has one humbucker at the bridge. I play mostly emo, but I also play some metal like Slipknot and Killswitch Engage. I also play some punk like Green Day and Blink 182. And it makes all of those bands sound exactly the same, with the right amp settings of course. I use it in my room, and it can be noisy because it is big, but just turn it down and it is quiet. But that ain't fun. My friend came over to see it and know he wants one because he said the sound is amazing.

I have been playing about a year now and this amp is the best thing I bought so far. If it was stolen, because I could never lose such a large object, I would buy a new one after a lot of saving. I love everything about it. And it plays great with any type of music.

I just got it not even a month ago, but by the looks of it, it will last a while. It seems pretty reliable. I don't in a band so I don't know about gigs, but if I did I would definitley use this one.

I got this amp for Christmas and it has just gotten better and better. The effects it has are: - Chorus/Delay - Delay - Chorus - Flange - Reverb It is pretty large, the cab is about 2' x 2'; and the head is about 6" x 2'. It's great for practice in you room or for live gigs. The cab weighs apporxomatley 70lbs, and the head weighs approximatley 36lbs. It has a CD-In 1/8" jack and a headphone 1/8" jack. It has channel switching, and includes a footswitch. The head has outputs in the back for pedals and other speakers if you want to use them. Carrying handles on the side make it pretty easy to carry. Under the back of the head there is a compartment where you can store things like strings and picks. It comes with a 5 year manufacturers warranty. It just has so many features including the fact that it is somewhat affordable. It also comes with a bunch of 1/8" cables.