MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: williams guitar shop

I am using a Westfield E8000E Explorer guitar which is a decent guitar with decent pick ups and the Marshall makes it sound brilliant like it is a Gibson (bit exageration). It suits my style of metal because it's loud, sounds great a looks awesome. I haven't giged it yet but am going to very soon. It's really loud! It's being on half way max and that's probably loud enough to play a large pub gig and make everyone deaf. The amp has a large variety of sounds from blues and classical to rock and metal and it sounds brilliant for all types of music. The clean channel sounds brilliant at all levels and the distortion is brutal enough to rip your head off and put it on upside down!

This amp is absolutely awesome for all styles of music, I've been playing for 3 years now and know quite a few styles and playing them on this amp they sound brilliant. if it was stolen I would either buy this amp again or get a dsl head from the Marshall range as they are probably the best amps in the world. I love everything about this amp apart from not having a footswitch to turn the reverb off because that is soooo annoying. If there was anything this amp could have to make it better it would be more preset effects and a reverb footswitch and that would be about it.

I can't really say as it's never been gigged and I've only had the amp for a short time but I've asked people I know Who own this amp and they say they've had there's for 1-2 years and it still sounds great and has never failed them. I hope the amp will last a a long time and I'm pretty sure I wont need a backup amp when I eventually do gigs this year.

The features of this amp are awesome. I play mostly heavy metal and it sounds great through my Marshall. I has 4 channel: clean; crunch; overdrive 1 and overdrive 2. I don't really use OD1 as it isnt really my sound but OD2 is awesome for metal; punk ect. The crunch I don't really use either as it isnt the style of music I play but the clean channel is great and can be used for a lot of music styles. There are also equalizers for each channel: on clean there are gain; bass; middle and treble and on od there are gain; bass; middle; treble; contour and OD volume. The last of the features are the digital fx. There are 5 preset effects: chorus/delay; delay; chorus; flange and reverb. There is also an effects loop mix and a free footswitch to turn the dfx on and off and to change channels. Unfortunatly it doesn't turn off the reverb as the reverb level is seperate to the FX levels.

mattmcavoy400
    ponnightingale wrote: im a dud! do you still have to buy a seperate amp for this or no? meh ive only got a marshall 10watt amp see?
    Yeeeees u need a cab.
    gunsnr92
    Ive had this amp for a couple months now and I love it! It has an Awesome Clean Sound and not quite enough distortion but I just add a BOSS DS-1 onto it an it works great! I would suggest getting a 1960A or 1960B cab to go along with it personally. But Wayne Static from Static-X uses this Stack.
    cyclefreak207
    Dude, Today is wednesday, and on friday, i am going to guitar center to buy one of these, so YAAAAYYYYY, they are bad ass!!!
    shaunems
    i have been playing for 6 years and im in a band is this the right amp for me?
    cyclefreak207
    YO Yo I went and got it!! It's so good, it even sounds good playin a bass through it. You should definitely buy it