MG100HDFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: MG100HDFX

I'm constantly kicking my self in the head for buying this amp. I bought this before I knew what the difference between tube and solid state was, big mistake. As of right now I am using an Epiphone G-400 with Seymour Duncans(JB-4 and Jazz) and an Ibanez RG series. Then for pedals I have Dunlop 535Q Wah-Wah, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi. Through my FX loop I got an DigiTech RP80 and a Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator. With all of this I play a lot of Metal, Blues, Hardcore, Progressive type music. (Anything but country) This amp barely satisfies my needs tone wise. I can hardly ever get an exceptable tone out of it. And don't bother turning this thing past 7 8ish type area it sounds terrible. Not that it is necisary for me to do that cause this thing sure is loud enough to play over my bros drums but if you need something real loud this is something to take into consideration.

I have only been playing guitar for a little over a year now and I've had this amp for about half of that time. This amp is good for a starter stack, but if your an experienced guitarist or in a serous band don't buy this amp. Save up for a tube amp, I myself plan on buying an Orange half stack after I get enough money. This thing will just help get you started out with a band, it's good for just jamming with your buddies. If I lost this amp or it got stolen I would just save up for a tube half stack, preferably an Orange.

This amp is deffinatly durable and reliable. I've had this amp for about six months now and it has never broken before and I've never had any problems with it not working properly. I take pretty good care of my stuff, but even if I didn't I'm sure this thing would still last. But if I had a gig or something of that nature, this amp would be my backup amp if I had another better amp but I don't. But if I did gig with this amp I would bring a backup because I'd rather be prepaired but I don't think I would need a backup. So all in all I think you can trust this amp for a while.

This amps features are pretty nice. The FX loop is a pretty nice bonus.Its got two channels, Clean and Over Drive. On each channel there is a button you can press that will add more Drive. So if your on clean and you want a little crunch press that button and there you go. If your on overdrive channel press that button and you'll go from overdrive to distortion. This thing also has some built in effects. It's got Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Delay Chorus, and reverb. It also comes with a two button foot controller so you can turn on the selected effect with the controller or Switch channels with the other button. This amp is good enough for now but as soon as I get enough money for an Orange stack this thing is gone!

SULLYvin
    PEOPLE! The people that are writing bad reviews for this amp are clearly comparing it to valve amps, which cost about 4 times the price. For a SOLID STATE amp, this is the best that I've heard. It will give you huge tonal variety, and it's built like a tank.Best in it's price range for sure.