MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I'm using an Alexi Laiho 200 Signature with Floyd Rose trembelo system pickups. It takes me to a new place of quality sounds I thought I would never find in an amp. It only takes it up to "2" on the master volume knob to have home practicing. Louder than 2 and you have a real beast! This amp has the variety equivilent to CD shop, unlimited. The clean channel is only distorted if you have it on the "clean/crunch" setting. Other than that, it is asclean as clean gets. The distortion is the most hardcore distortion I've ever heard. It gives you a "death metal" sound while having enough cleaness to where you can hear what you're playing.

I play mostly hardcore/screamo with a twist of metal. This amp gave me the versatility to play this genre. I've only been playing about 2 years but my friends and family say I could be famous at a young age if I wanted to. If my amp were ever to be broken or stolen I would go right back and purchase the same model and brand because I have fell in love with my Marshall. My favorite feature of this amp is the overdrive channel. It has given me a new outlook on sounds and amp can give. I compare it with the so called best-of-the-best amp, Krank. In my opinion, I think Marshall has a better sound quality and sounds better in gigs. There is nothing I could want or change on this amp. Very close to perfection.

I could depend on this amp anywhere and everywhere I could go as of shows. I trust this amp with my life. It might just be the most durable amp I've ever owned! I've never had an amp that hasn't broken down or has been short-circuted. I also am impressed with the move weight and how easily I can move it.

Marshall Amps were made for the "everyday musicians" and the "unique" guitarists. It has 3 channels which features clean, overdrive, and digital FX channels. It comes with a footswitch for toggling with Clean and Overdrive channels. While the overdrive channel wins for the most knobs and sound control, the digital FX takes the gold for the best overall sound changes and effects. This amp couldn't be more versitle and giving sound wise. It has been the loudest but takes your hearing to a heaven it could never imagine!