MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: Samash

I'm using an ESP with two humbucker pickups and the sound is very clean. I haven't had a problem with any type of music I play on it. It can become very loud if need be however once you start maxing out the sound limit it gets a little fuzzy. It can handle a variety of different sounds and effects without sounding cheap. I couldnt tell how the settings are on it because I use a footpedal for all my tones.

My overall impression of it is very good. I have never had any thoughts of getting a new one or replaceing it. I have been playing about six years and I haven't found another amp that I wish I would of gotten instead of this one. If it were ever stolen I would deffinitly go back and get another one. My favorite thing about it is the overall quality of the sound and the volume it can get without sounding bad.

I have not had a problem with the amp at all. I would definitly use it on a gig without a backup and I wouldn't think twice about it. it's never broken or stopped working. I have used it in a number of gigs and it's worked and sounded great. I haven't had to taken it in to get any repairs.

I bought this amp cause I needed to upgrade from the 15 watt amp I had been using. I bought it as a combo with a 120 watt cabinet. The amp works with all types of music... I even pug a mic into it sometimes and sing out of it and it sounds great. It has two channels and it came with a pedal for switching channels. It has a set of effects and loops and a headphone jack for 1/4 inch headphone plugs. I haven't had a problem with the effects because I use a footpedal for my effects, so I don't use the effects on the header. I use my amp when I'm playing at my house or a gig. It has more than enough power for anything I have done.

Salamandyk
    Im debating between this amp or an ibanez TBX150H.....i know marshall is the bigger and more popular brand for amps and whatnot...but what ive seen on sound reviews it doesnt seem like the marshall has a good heavy metal/progressive metal sound. What do u think?
    tr_shredder
    i got this yrs back. on musicians friend. for a little over $550. in less than a yr it blew. what do i mean "blew"? i'll tell ya. i was in the middle of playing, with the gain set around 5 and the max volume around 4 and it made this popping sound then this really loud screeching noise. i turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. Apperently because marshal didn't know why it blew it wasn't covered under warrenty. after hearing that i had someone take it apart. they put in a new power supply, fuse, and new transistors or something.. and they turned it on and got power to it for a few seconds then the fuse popped and the power supply went bad. the guy went through 2 power supplies from marshall and a handful of fuses.. i didn't have $150 for the parts let alone more money to try more and to play him. so i just gave it to him. as far as i know he still can't get it to work. i didn't really like the amp all that much anyway.. both clean and distortion channels were nice at low levels but muddy with any decent amount of volume. the effects were alright but nothing too great. the distortion channel actually was horrible if you had too much gain.. i later got myself a last minute head for $200 because i was low on money and my band was supposed to play a show in a few days. that head was much better.
    opeth222
    what are some of these people talking about with the amp feeding back? you probably need to get yourselves some decent pickups that are properly wax potted and don't stand so close to the amp. if your playing live, you can turn it up a bit to hear over the drums, but let the PA do the work. i can imagine some of the stage volumes people are playing at. makes for a rough night.