MG100HDFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG100HDFX

Purchased from: guitar center used equipment

I use the B\.C\. Rich warlock bronze series guitar with stock pickups and I tend to play metal and hard rock with it most of the time such as Bullet For My Valentine, Lamb Of God, Slayer, Steve Vai, Van Halen, Paramore, System Of A Down, Avenge Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamen (alternative). It suits my music almost perfectly if I had better pickups and the amp didn't feed back it would be perfect but in a room like mine feed back tends to happen a lot being its small and filled with things that interfere, but in a room with good acoustics it would be great feed back wise. Its plenty noisy but usually in a great way but careful not to turn it to higher so you don't blow the cabinet or amp head. Just because it says 100 Watts doesn't mean it can't put out about 1000+ not kidding. The sound variety can be any where from Acoustic like sounding to heavy heavy playing so you have a wide variety depending on your guitars. Yea the clean channel uses gain for its volume so the higher a little bit of distortion is added but its really great when combine with reverb effects. Brutal distortion? If you mean how awesome then a 10/10 on the distortion if you turn the gain up with the second overdrive channel on with little volume and master volume and contour all the way up then you have a "balls to the wall" distortion it rocks so much.

Yet again I play metal but I'm not limited to that I also love blues rock classical jazz and flamenco and its a good match for all but flamenco lol. I have been playing a year and 7 months I also own a Fender stratocaster and a Epiphone Les Paul, and a old premier cabinet. I own a DigiTech Grunge distortion pedal and bad monkey pedal and a Line 6 noise gate pedal but I haven't had to use any of them for this amp yet thats how great it is.

Yea its really dependable I haven't had a problem with it in any of my practices with my bands or at home and I play for like 5-10+ hours a day every day so it lasts very well. Yea I would use it in a concert or gig with out a back up I'm sure it would last well. No it has not broken down but I take good care of all my amps because a good musician should but it holds pretty well you could probably get a year out of it without any care just don't slam it around because thats bad for all amps lol.

I do believe its made in china. Well this thing can really do good for my two bands and plays my style of metal extremely well and I don't even need pedals to have the power I need. Two channels and a crunch switch for the clean one and a second overdrive for the overdrive channel, effects loops too but only if you have the pedal, headphone jack too yes. I wish it had a phaser effect in it and a solo option because then I would have a little more to work with, I rarely use the flange because I don't see to much use for it but all the rest I use a lot such as the chorus delay and reverb they are very nice for metal power metal death metal and even rock and the reverb goes great with the light tones and blues music. I wish it had a bit of a tube sound but it does get that kinda of sound from the FDD Switch which is a Marshall signature option that is in most Marshall amps now so you can buy a solid state amp for cheap but have some of the tube sounds which a lot of people love. Also I think it could use a built in looper because the pedals cost so much and I think this amp has a great deal for the price. Just so others know the amp usually cots 300-350$ I got it used but still have no problems with it thankfully. Which shows how Marshall are a reliable amp even though a lot of Ug'ers dis them they last great but you have to take care of your amp.

SG-Burchett
    no offense to any guiater players who have commented on this album and said its shit and said : buy a 1000 tube amp. ok of course those amps are better.its like going on to review for a yamaha pacifica and saying its shit, buy a gibson les paul studio instead.buts thats ridiculous-yes they rubbish-but not THAT rubbish compared to other stacks in its price range.not everybody has money poring out of their ears and not everybody can just borrow a 100 watt tube amp.