MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: MG10CD

I have an Ibanez and play mostly hard rock and modern rock, it's pretty good for playing general rock, but isn't very good for any metal or hard rock. The distortion isn't very heavy and you can't control the bass, mid, or treble. There is a little noise when the gains all the way up especially during pauses. It also starts to sound crappy once you turn the volume knob up half way. If you like to play anything besides hard rock, nu-metal, or metal, this amp is good, if you like these styles, I would get a different amp.

Overall this amp is okay, its features are amateur and its sound is only okay, but it is reliable. I've compared this amp to my friends amps and its not as good, but they're more experienced and need better equipment. With a distortion pedal it would be better. If it was lost or stolen, I would definitely buy a different amp, but this was worth the $100 and is great for beginners.

This amp is very reliable, I've had it for almost two years and haven't had a single problem with it yet. It sounds as good as it did when I bought it and can take some abuse. Though this amp wouldn't be suitable for a gig due to its features, I would use it without a backup. There is a little bit of a flaw in the input plug in which it has to be wiggled now and then to make it work, but besides that it's not bad.

This is a very basic amp with clean and overdrive channels. Theres a gain and a contour control. Theres also a cd input so you can play along with the cd. Not a whole lot in the way of features, its a good beginners amp though.