MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Mammoth Music

I mainly use my Gibson with it. You can get great sounds out of it. You can get an under water tone if you turn the tone down all the way, or you can get a very sharp edgy tone with it turned all the way up. The clean channel is perfect for blues. The overdrive channel doesn't work so great for metal, but it does okay. It is great for playing grunge. It buzzes quite a bit with the distortion turned up.

This a good match for most types of music I play. I have been playing for a year now, but I also own a Gibson Epiphony, wah-wah pedal, and a Flanger, and this works great with all of them. If this was stolen, I would cry because I am a cheap bastard and I hate buying things. I would probably replace it with a larger MG.

This amp is very dependable. I've turned it up 3/4 with out any problem so far. I accidently dropped it down hard wood stairs and it didn't even get scratched. I wouldn't use it at a gig, but not because it is unreliable, but because it isn't powerful enough. It has never broken.

I bought this amp new, and it was made in 2004. I like playing a wide range of music, and this amp works for most of them. I like playing hard rock, metal, southern rock, blues, and everything inbetween. Unfortunately, this amp does not have footswitchable channels. There is a headphone jack and cd input, but no effects what so ever. I wish it had effects and bass, mid and treble controllers because they would allow me more musical range. I mostly use this for practicing alone in my room, since it lacks the power to compete with the drumbs, bass, singing, and two other guitarists in my band. I use a larger model for that. But it works perfectly for what I need it to do.