MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Online

I'm using a Washburn X-30 with Head Hunter EL923 pickups. Personally I think the sound itself is ok, but I would expect more from a Marshall. On clean, or with a small amount of gain, you get a sound that will really go with anything. But the amp doesn't have enough chunk for me The overdrive is, as I said earlier, very weak. Its not really good for metal, but more for a punk type sound. Also, when the gain is all the way up or the treble/tone is at 10, you can really hear the noise of your fingers moving on the strings. What is good (or bad depending on how you look at it) is that you can hear every mistake. That is a alright since this amp will make you work if you want it to sound good. I've always liked that in a practice amp.

I really expected better. The amp does alright for in my room, so its pretty much all youre gonna need in a practice amp. If it got stolen I would either get the one with more fx or that new Fender one with drum machine and effects.

Don't use this to gig. Just don't it doesn't have the power. The amps never broken down on me and its built like a rock.

I think it was made this year. There's almost nothing on the amp, just a volume knob, overdrive channel (with gain and and volume controls) and a master tone switch. It does have a headphone jack, a line out for recording, and a line in to play with a cd player. The CD player line is pretty nifty, but to you need to use a specail cord that'll connect the headphone jack on the player to the 1/4 inch input. I wish the amp came with the chord, I had to go out to radio shack to get it. In terms of power, there's not much to mention, it's a practice amp so its obviously to small for giging or playing with your band, but it works nice for when you're by yourself. I wish the equalizer was a little better, (maybe 3 bands) and the overdrive sounds thin and weak.