MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Marshall: MG10CD

I have a Fender Stratocaster so I play just about anything I feel like playing. The amp does its job well. It puts out the noise and it gives you enough power to rattle your windows (that is if the little punk doesn't start squeeling at you). I've had it for almost a year now and ever since I've gotten it its been tempermental. It makes popping noises sometimes and I cant turn mine up when I have the overdrive on because it has the tendencey to make this really loud, annoying squeeling noise! But let me say this, I don't even have the thing turned up all the way and it is pretty powerful for such a small amp. I actually took it over to a freinds house and into his basement. Once I got the thing going and I started playing my freind was shocked that so much noise could come from my "little black box". Another good thing about it is its so small you have absolutely no problems transporting it and it'll go just about anywhere you want to take it.

I play just about anything I want. I really like to play Green Day and Oasis songs and I dont have a problem getting the sound I need. I've been playing for almost 3 years and this is my first and only amp so I can't really compare to other amps. I don't have any effects or anything it's just me, my guitar and the amp and for now it's good enough for me. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy another one but I would look back on the days I used it fondly. It's great for practice but I think thats about all it's good for. But as I said it's a loud little sucker for something so small. I love that it's small and easy to move around, what I really hate is that its so tempermental (remmember your experiance may be different then mine) and acutally that's about it, compared to other small amps, well, it's pretty bad ass. No other amp this size can give you the noise and sound that this thing provides. So if your looking for a practice/begginers amp this is a fantastic choice. But if your planning on playing live I wouldn't get this amp. what I wish to add? I am currently looking for a bigger more gig worthy amp and I know that when I get rid of this thing I'm going to miss it. Not becuase it's better then my potential amp, but just because I've gotten attached to it. It's kinda like buying a little, furless, retarded dog. There are times when you hate it and times when you love it, but nonetheless you eventually grow attached to it.

I wouldn't say it's very dependable. I don't think there is anyone in the world who would want to use it live, but if your practicing in your room, basement or wherever it's a practical and cheap. It's also a versatile little amp, you can go from a soft clean sound to a low groaning rumble, and the little punk does it well.

Ok so this little amp is well lets just say it, little! Nonetheless, it can make some noise, but sometimes it makes noises that you really don't want to hear. It has two channels clean and OD 1 and I guess that's the most you can ask for from an amp that is this small. The overdrive is decent, sometimes it sounds a little scratchy and if it had an OD 2 setting I think that would really make this amp awesome. I use the amp in my bedroom so yeah its good enough to practice with. I'd never use it playing live though.