MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Gak.com

I use a Gibson SG with the amp and a few effects. I play mostly classic rock, blues and a bit of Metallica. It suits me very well. This little amp maybe small with 10 watts but has the roar the match the drummer. This amp sure has the beefy overdrive I like, its even more beefer than my friend's 40 watt Peavey amp. This thing can scream pretty well too. The downside is if you dont set the settings on your guitar right, the tone of the overdrive does get too muddy. That can take a while to set up, just to get the tone right. Like I said though great value!

Excellent tones, tough and great roar. My guitar and my amp make a great pair-up and I've been playin for 3 years. If this was stolen I would defiantly get a new one because my parents would kill me if I tried to hump my huge valvestate up the stairs and play through it and it's more portable. More night time jams for me! Highly recommended.

I don't think it's loud enough to gig but I got another amp for that. This is for the home area, quiet enough to play at night and loud enough to jam with drums. Hes a sturdy little bugger this amp is. I see it roaring for life. Excellent reliability and durability.

This Amp has a few controls, it has 2 channels, overdrive and clean, a volume control for the clean channel, tone control, overdrive gain and volume for OD. It also has 3 sockets, an input (of course), 1 for headphones and 1 for an music player so you can play along with your favourite tunes. Compaired to its bigger brothers its not much, but for 46 it's excellent for value.