MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Marshall: MG10CD

I have a standard Fender stratocastewr which I love and this amp shows it justice. The amp doesn't have a huge range of sounds but its good enough, you can go from the clean which isn't half bad, to the overdrive which is pretty amazing from such a small amp. The thing that drives me nuts is you turn it on and with the overdrive on and the volume up you get this awful humming noise. Other then that I have no problems with the sound itself. Overall the clean is good at low volumes and the overdrive is good unless you try to crank it all the way up. If you try that it gets really muddy and it all the sounds merges into one giant blarring, just don't do it it sounds awful.

I play a good bit of Zeppelin as I said. And disregarding my problems I experiance with my amp, this isnt a bad little amp. It's great for practice and it's the most versatile practice amp out there. If it were stolen, it would be a gift from god. It would be a good excuse to get a new more powerful amp. If I wanted another practice amp I would actually probably get one just like this, and hope my experiances arent the same, but seing as I'm hoping to by a much larger amp for my next purchase there is no way I'd go out and get another one. I love it 'cause it's versatile. I hate it because it's a moody little bugger. One second itll sound crystle clear the next sexond its squeeling like a pig (not a good thing). I wish it had a self destruct button so next time I get pissed off at it I could hit it countdown 5-4-3-2-1 beep, boom! I'm kidding, no it's a good little amp, it's great for practice, but nothing else.

Don't get me started on this. Though most people say that Marshall amps are extremely reliable, my experiances have not been fantastic. To put it simply, my amp is a peice of shit. The first day I got it I plug in the guitar and start playing and it plays for 5 seconds and then the thing just starts wailing! My amp has been doing it ever since. I turn the thing on and I have to smack the amp a couple of times before it'll stop screaming at me, for one this thing isnt powerful enough to play at a gig, but if for some, odd reason I used it. There is no way id be there without a backup cuase the last thing I'd want is to be going off on a guitar solo and the guitar start crackling then going starting to squeel.

This amp was made well I'm not sure when but I know its a pretty recent model. This amp is a powerful little monster. I play whatever I feel like mostly Zeppelin and stuff like that and I must admit this thing is great for practice. The amp has two channels clean and overdrive. It has has a cd emulator and a headphone jack so you can practice without pissing off everyone. I use it in my bedroom just to practice and its pretty kick ass for such as small and cheap amp. Its loud enough to practice lets just leave it at that. Its powerful for an amp thats so small. This amp is the best practice amp you can get for this price, no doubt in my mind. It's dirt cheap and it gets the job done.