MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: eBay

Perfect first amp, does everything I want, from the acoustics of 'Polly' and 'Truth Doesn't Make A Noise' to the distortion of '...Teen Spirit' and 'one step closer. The clean channel is, well, clean, with no distrotion at high volume, although it does have a little bit of static. Nothing to worry about though. Overdrive channel has plenty of gain, and volume. Some static at high levels, more than in the clean channel.

Perfect first amp, even makes my unbranded strat sound good! Like I said, I play it with a Behringer X V-AMP and a Danelectro chili dog. It's exactly as I had thought it would be, and, if only for the cost, I would buy it again. I chose this over the Fender mini-tone master and Marshall MS-2 because of size and variety. I love this thing.

It will never break. End of.

Ok, it's small, but what did you expect for 50? It still does eveything you could possibly want from it though. I play a variety of styles, from Nirvana to Led Zep, and a lot of punk and White Stripes (hey, they rock and I'm still learning), and it is amazingly loud and versatile for the size. 2 channels, clean and overdrive, but no footswitch. This isn't really a problem for me though, as my X V-amp can put as much distortion into it as I want. This means that most of the time I just leave my amp on clean or low gain, and control everything with my pedal. Has a headphone jack and a CD input, neither of which I use often. No effects other than gain and tone, but, again, it's 50 and my V-amp does all that shit for me. Will only ever use this in my bedroom, but it has easily enough power to do a band rehearsal, but definitely not a gig. Perfect for what I want, especially when you consider the cost.