MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Guitar center

It's really the overdrive channel that just plain pisses me off cuz of the squealing and wailing it does. I don't know if it's my Strat that does it or the amp but everytime I turn on the amp it starts making a loud crackling buzz noise. When I press down on my guitar's strings it mutes the buzz but letting go lets out a horrible ring. Otherwise an amp is an amp. A good starter amp for people who are trying out guitar as a hobby but if you are or planning to be a dedicated guitarist I recommend something else.

I enjoyed it as I was starting out. I'm using it to play punk like Green Day and alternative/moody songs such as Interpol's but now that I'm more experienced I think I'm gonna purchase a more complex amp. The MG10CD is a great amp if you're not even sure if you like guitar or not or if you just wanna practice with your electric guitar. But for those of you who are seasoned guitar players I'd recommend a more diverse amp.

Well I think it's pretty durable as in it won't break or anything. Would I use it in a gig without a backup? Well personally I'd use a better amp for a gig but if by what the question means if it'll break or not. I think it'd remain pretty sturdy.

This amp doesn't have many features. Just a clean channel which I personally don't like 'cause it isn't loud enough, and a overdrive channel, A headphone jack, an input jack, a jack for your tunes, and that's pretty much it. It's good if you just blew all your money on a new guitar and you just want an amp to practice with.