MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Music shop

I have 2 humbuckers in my Epiphone LP which gives out a nice warm sound on clean channel but with the gain way up it doesnt sound that good but the guitar is not really designed for it. It is a very loud amp for its size and surely belts out more than 10 watts. Keep the gain to a minimal level and it will sound great. It can't make to many sounds (distortion, clean and the contour tone but that's all a beginner needs). With the gain up a few levels it can belt out one hec of a sound. It's incredibly loud for its size.

I play blues and hard rock and has a good tone for that sort of music. I would buy it again if it was stolen because it's great to have backstage as a warm-up. I don't love it I don't hate it but it is a great amp. A beginners essential amp. When I was buying it it was a toss up between a Laney amp or the Marshall. Considering the Laney's max volume was barely as loud as the Marshall my obvious choice was the Marshall and it was a pretty popular brand but it really is a great beginners amp. I would recommend this amp for a beginner more than any other brand.

I cant use it at a gig of any sort but its a good backstage warm-up. It has never broken down and probably never will. I don't use it that much but I'm pretty sure it wont brake down.

Firstly its a suprising amp. My amp was made in 2005 and is the very best beginners amp on the market. The amp is equiped with 2 channels, contour effect, headphone output just a load of brilliant options. I wish it had a few more tone options but it's a beginners amp and doesn't really need much more options than what it has. Well it is my backstage warm-up and is very handy. It has brilliant power if you want to entertain the guests but you can't really do much more than that due to the fact it is only a beginners amp.

g-unitie
    i happen to hate this amp because i owned one.....so dont waste your money on it trust me i know
    Spartan 117
    i'm surprised u even have to read a review to know that a marshall MG is total crap! especially if its only 10 watts!
    RPotts
    Yea, 12 TUBE watts (60 or so Transistor watts) isn't usually enough for a gig. Need atleast 20 Tube (100 Trans)