MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: abcMusic

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 with two humbuckers and on a tone of 10 with the toggle switch set to treble. I usually play with the over Drive gain on 10 and the volume to whatever. This suits my metal sounds, but I sometimes change the tone to make a punk metal sound for songs that are sort of emo. The amp is surprisingly loud for it's size, and the clean has hardly any distortion, yet has a great crunch. This amp can vary from blues to metal, and can do emo, punk, hard rock, etc. The distortion is very good, but when it's too high, then it can get all crackly on you. But it is still very good nonetheless.

I usually play emo-metal, and this amp is great for practice, but you would be better off with a louder verision of the MG series. The clean is perfect for blues and country, while the distortion can give you great sounding riffs and perfect solos. I've had it for a while now, and it is still holding up, I would probably get a louder version if mine was stolen or broke, or I might get a tube amp, but there you go! I just love the distortion, it's so good, it's perfect for my style.

This amp is great and all, but is isn't loud enough to use at a gig, although I would trust it not to break down. My amp has no dents in it, but it is very durable still. I know this because I kind of dropped it off the table. But it still is in a great working order.

I have no idea when this was made, but I don't really care. It has two channels, clean and overdrive. There is also a contour (tone) knob. The Overdrive has a volume and gain, but the overdrive can take a while to set to the sound you want. The clean channel is perect for blues, and has a nice crunch, yet it still keeps it's clean. There is an emulated CD input for jamming along to your favourite artists, but this can also be used to record your own songs too. There is also an emulated headphone jack for silent practice at night or whatever.