MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: MG10CD

I play a Samick Torino TR2 with 2 Duncan Humbucker pickups. It fits my style, rock and metal, very well because you can customize the sound and tone with the contour knob. It's noisy if it's hooked to a pedal with the overdrive on and the gain up more than half. Whatever sounds you can make on your guitar will play through the amp (even pinch harmonics). The clean channel does get a little distorted at high volumes when the contour is down too low. The built in distortion sucks without a pedal, though.

Like I've said already, I play a wide variety of rock and metal and this amp matches it fairly well as a practice amp. I've been playing for three years now and I own an acoustic/electric guitar and an electric guitar, a metal zone pedal, a crybaby wah pedal, and a Zoom multi-FX pedal. It it were lost or stolen I'd buy a different, more powerful amp. I love it's portability but I hate it's crappy overdrive. My favorite feature is probably the contour knob. I didn't really compare when I bought it because my budget was really short. I wish it had bass, mid, and treble equalization knobs.

I'd never use it on a gig even if I did have a backup, but I can depend on it just for playing for fun. It's good pretty much only good as a practice amp. It's just not loud enough for Live playing. It's never broken wholly, but the overdrive switch stopped working temporarily once.

I don't know where the amp was made but the Marshall MG10CD is a very versatile amp for it's size. I mean not only is it a great practice amp, but it's loud enough to be played and heard over a drumset. I play hard rock and metal and this amp is great for both as long as you have a distortion/metal pedal. It has one clean and one overdrive channel, no FX, but it has a headphone jack. I wish it had better overdrive and more gain so I could play without a pedal sometimes. I use all of it's features at all times. I use it in my room and it definitely has enough power for me since it's just my practice amp.

thejake89
    i thought this amp was a decent practice amp. i like the overdrive on it but the clean wasnt quite loud enough. overall good practice amp.