MG10CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Gigsounds

I am using a Tanglewood TSE 605 with humbucking pups. I have recently bought this guitar as my old rubbish stratocaster didn't want to last any longer. I generally play garage, blues (including slide guitar) and grunge. I find the distortion very good for garage, and great for grunge, as I have enough for the growl and volume, but I can also hear the treble well. The amp suits my style of music well as it is raw sounding and has a good range of tones. A downside is that the clean turns muddy and distorted at around 9 with my guitars volume set to 10. Though this can be an annoyance, it isnt that bad as for me I like that kinda tone.

The overall impresion of the amp is good, the MG10CD is a good practice amp, with a good range of tones. I would recommend this amp to beginners, though nothing above, if you were to get a new practice amp(as an intermediate level guitarist), I would say: this amp is a no no. If it were stolen, I would replace it with am Orange, 30 watt amp. I just wish this amps cleans were better, though it has done valiant service so far.

I can depend on this amp, I've had it for 3 years, and I think it will still last, though I am looking for a louder-bigger amp perhaps an Orange with 30-40 watts. I would not gig with this amp as it is to small, but for practice at home, it has done good service. I think the tone has changed over 3 years, for worse, as the clean has become a little distorted at high volumes.

I have no idea when this amp was made, as my dad bought it for me, in 2004. I found the amp very gd as a beginnner, as it was easy to use, the controls are very simple. The MGCD10 has a headphone jack, and a cd+emulated line out(which I have never used). As a beginner I found the amps tone fine, and still do to a certain extent though I do find it lacks some power. As a 0 Watt amp I think it is perfect for practice at home. It is great for the styles of music I play, the cleans are bright, though are not particually powerful and the overdrive is loud, heavy and versataile, it is very simple to find a good tone, overall I am pleased with this amp as a practice amp.

soupdragon
    Shreddin 4 Life wrote: Man u guys have got to be joking... It's a ****in' practice amp for christ's sake. 10 watts always is, and for the price, it's a damn good one. Stop being so critical as if this amp's meant to be a wall of Marshalls...
    I use one of these to practice at home and it does the job fine. Yes, you'd have to be stupid to gig it, but it's very good for the money.
    woobow wrote: i got this amp with my first guitar, there's nothing wrong with it really. i dont see the point in bad mouthing a practice amp, it does exactly wat its suppoesed to do and its good value for money.
    my thoughts exactly
    James T. Music
    Well i learned on this little amp...Good for a beginner, or for quite home practicing...thats it! I leave it in the closet. Its worth hanging on too, because it is small light and versatile. But...don't expect any amazing wonders out of this amp.