MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Sam Ash Music

Most MG's are notoriously bad. It would be a lie to say this was an exception. Although the amp emits practically no noise no matter the conditions, it's overall sound is mediocre. The cleans are barely passible. The overdrive doesn't sound like overdrive at all. It's more along the lines of some washed-out, crappy fuzz. Interesting sound at first, later very annoying. This thing takes forever to distort clean, even with humbuckers. But this is even worse than the overdrive. Most people think the MG sounds bad. I think it sounds pathetic.

I play lots of things (No set style). I've had this for 3-4 years. When I originally bought this, I only had a choice between this and an Ibanez amp. That's the only reason I got it, because it sounded better than the Ibanez. I should have saved up a little and got one of those Vox Valvetronix amps (the one before the new silver grated one) I would never buy this again. In fact, I'm staying away from Marshalls for now. (because I can't afford a good one).

Wouldn't gig with it. I'm sure it'd be reliable, but it is only 10 watts. Despite this it gets pretty loud. It hasn't broken and shows no signs of breaking in the future. Unlike the higher priced MG's, this one dosen't suffer from the overheating problem. I just wouldn't gig with it because of it's harsh, bland tone.

A 2005 amp, solid state, 2 channels (usual clean/overdrive). Nothing special. No EQ, just a "contour" control, essentially a treble control. One master volume for clean and a Drive level and Drive tone controls. Features CD line-in for jamming with music, emulated line out (for quiet practice/recording), and emulated headphones (headphone use).

Ryan Unplugged
    Looks cool for little kids when they are practicing Stairway to heaven or something like that!
    shredder_666
    Just for the record, if you are a 12 year old who wants to become a guitar player in a band...this is not the amp for you...eventually you will have to get a bigger amp...so dont go for this if you are wanting to become a serious guitar player, get a 50 watt solid state at least...it will be worth it in the long run. THis amp in itself does have good power, but its for someone who practices like..30 minutes a week..if youre more serious than that, get something bigger.
    METAL MILITIA1
    man this thing sounds like crap I cant believe i owned one it sounds horrible and to the people who give it 9/10 stop trying to convince your self you didn't get ripped off.it is loud for a 10 watt though ill give it that though