MG10CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Marshall: MG10CD

Purchased from: Local Music shop

I'm am currently using a Ibanez icx with Seymour Duncans, jbs I think. This amp is pretty much very plain, it can cry with some blues and make some good pinched harmonics for metal. Downside is with the overdrive there is some "noise". It's pretty much lifeless with overdrive and clean though. So-So sound.

This amp won't let you down for practicing. It will suit any type of music that you will play. I've been playing for two and a half years now, I own a Marshall MG250DFX now but I still use the mg10 for when a friend comes over. If this amp were stolen or lost I would buy another one. I compared this to several pieces of crap, a couple of small peaveys, a squire and a First Act. I chose this one for simply reasons like the other ones were crap and this thing won't let you down!

Are you serious? Using this amp for a gig would be like bringing a minivan to a drag race. But I'll give it one thing, it's freaking durable. I've dropped this amp like three times and it still looks brand new. It has a nice warranty on it so I'm not really worried.

First of all this amp is a practice amp so don't expect very many features. This amp was made in 2007. I play every type of music anything from heavy metal to jazz, it works for me, clean and overdrive is all I need in a practive amp. I keep this amp at home seeing that I Live there. Once again this a practice amp, don't expect much power from it but it works. Overall no bad for a practice amp.