MG10CF review by Marshall

Marshall: MG10CF

Purchased from: Music Go Round Louisville

I don't play with a band and I don't need anything over 15 watts due to living with my wife and kids. Been playing for over 16 years now and not once have I played a Marshall. Holy crap I have been missing out. This pup doesn't have EQ settings but has a contrast knob and does the job with tone. The built in EQ is done awesome to where it doesn't need adjusting. Features are lackluster to say the least coming in with only a 2 Volume knobs (one for clean and one for gain) a separate gain knob and contrast. It does have aux and headphone inputs which is mandatory now days.

It handles distortion really well. The Overdrive has a gritty sound for being just over drive. The best part of this is hooking up a effects pedal with EQ on it and tinkering your settings. I hooked up a black 13 and a Zoom G1 and got some studio quality sounds. It does get loud when turned up on 10 and the speaker doesn't rattle and is loud enough to hear it through out the house. I had a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt and gave it to my son when I got this. I don't care if gave up a louder amp with more options. It was an upgrade in sound. If you are looking for a amp with just a good clean channel to do your pedals then this is It.

There's not much to say since its an amp. Its reliable that's for sure. Its not anything I would gig with. If it was mic'ed up to a PA maybe. Then you would look silly. How ever if you was playing a one man set even without being mice'd you could still be heard plenty loud. This is highly recommended for at home use and recording or beginners. I wish amps like this were around when I was a kid instead of crappy forgotten about brands that discouraged us more to learn playing because the rich kid could get high end gear. With a lot of amps in the 100 dollar mark like Line 6, Peavey, we're all swimming in the same pool.

I play metal, rock, and alternative. Out of all the amps I had (Line 6, Peavey, and especially Fender Frontman) this fits the bill perfectly. The thing about digital amps they don't take pedals to well. They expect you to use what's on it and that's fine and all but I love me my effects pedals. Line 6 is the closest with a clean channel. Marshall is just top notch to the ears and this model doesn't even have EQ. I would love to play with bigger models. If it was stolen I would find who did it, shove a stake up their butthole, and set on this amp with a cold beer and a cigar in hand and watch them suffer for taking my amp.

maitraysharma95
    I use rp55 with this amp,Even for the shity patch also its delivers a warm and clear tone. Marshall amps are really good but dosnt offers a variety of features at low price range.