MG15CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: George's Music Jax beach FL

I use a Squier fat strat with it (S/S/H.) It fits my music style good, I mostly play clean tone and some classic rock. It's only noisy when on distortion (gain 10, vol.2-3) when I have the T.V. on, it messes up the amp's channel. This amp is extremly good for a 15watt amp--you can get 100,000 sounds from it if you know how to work it, it sound verry bright on clean tone, the distortion is avrage not Metalica distortion, sort of like AC/DC distortion. The clean tone is distorted when its on volume 10 on all setings but what amp isn't?

For the price of this amp it kicks ass! I've been playing for a year now, no effects tho. No questions. If it where stolen I woldn't buy it again b/c I would get a Marshall 100watt amp, after I get that I'd get the MG15 again without thinking twice. For the price this amp is one of, if not, the best 15 watt out there! It has everything you would want in a practice amp.

I can depend on this amp 100% and then some. It's too small to play live on a gig but if your just taking lessions or jaming with your buds, its verry verry good! No, its never broken down, I've had it for 9 months now and its as good as it was the day I got it!

The amp was made in 2003, it's perfect for practicing or playing with you jam buddies. I play alot of clean tone stuff, it fits that perfectly, a little noisy on disortion (that might just be my guitar) but other than that it's awesome. 2 channels, headphone jack, line out and a FDD switch witch make it louder. It's everything I want in an amp, I use all the features on it. I use this amp in my room. It's pretty loud I keep the volume on 3 and I can hear it all the way at the other end of my house.