MG15CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Long + McQuade

I use an Epiphone SG custom (grover tuners and Gibson '54 reissue humbuckers) guitars great, but this amp really suks. Mnarshall claims that on clean after the volume is turned past 5 it goes into "crunch" mode. Bulls--t, thats just the solid state break up. The distortion completly sucks for metal, and is extremely noisey and has a shyiload of feedback too. Without a noise gate at high gain you'll blow your ears out. This is pretty loud for a 15 W SS thoguht. But sound quality sucks.

I play metal and heavy metal, some punk and hard rock. Worth the 150 cad with tax, but honestly, save a bit more cash and get a tube amp, these SS really suck. I dodn't compare this to anything before I bought it because it was my first amp. Not bad for a practice amp at home. Tube all the way!

Amp sucks, but this thing is tought. I've dropped it a few times, and nothing has happened to it. "Would you use it on a gig without a back up?" For one, I would vever use a 15 W especially SS on a gig, two, never with this one. So no I wouldn't.

Made in 2003, this is a real SS s--tbox. It's loud enought to hear over drums while jamming. Crap distortion. 2 channels, and high, mid and low knobsm control. I use this amp 'cause I'm saving up for a JCM2000 100W tube head paired with a Behringer BG412S 400W cab. I use a Behringer X Vamp Multi FX Processor with it, so it's not that bad now.